SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

Cleaning out the seed boxes, send postage for seeds

beth_b_kodiak
6 years ago

I want to find homes for most of my 2015, 2016,2017 seeds. I will send you 20 ( maybe more) packets for 7 forever stamps to cover postage.

Your choice, veggies, flowers or BOTH( mix of flowers and veggies) my choice of varieties. If you have a wish list, I'll do what I can to grant wishes.

You must have the message function turned on to get my address

Offer open until April 1 2018... first come first served. FIRST depends on when your stamps arrive in my mail box. Just saying you want them does not cut it. You need to actually send the postage.

Comments (48)

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

OK,

• Bourbon Milkshake
    6 years ago

Interested! Please PM!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Bourbon Milkshake
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Bourbon,checked your list and see mostly more exotic items. I have mostly basic seed for veggies and zone 5-6-7 cottage garden type plants. My list has not been updated in years,but is you want basic seeds like marigold, zinnia, squash, beans radishes etc, I'll send the address

• Bourbon Milkshake
    6 years ago

I'll bow out. Thanks, Beth. What you're doing is really nice!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Bourbon Milkshake
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

seems better to give them away than end up throwing them away. They will still grow some good flowers and food

• Globe Trotter
    6 years ago

I'm interested! Thanks to the noble thing you are doing. I am new to gardening and would love easy to grow vegetable seeds. Thanks you

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Beth, I interested in giant zinnias, Candy mixt zinjias, Giant Coleus, Poppies all sorts if you have these. My email is aliciacammel@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Btw, do you have a list of what you're trading???

beth_b_kodiak thanked aliciacammel
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sorry Alicia I just have basic veggies. A lot of different kinds and flowers for the bees and butterflies. Zinnias, marigolds sunflowers etc. I have planted a lot of poppies and hope to have lots of seeds for those next year but not now.

I mostly buy my seeds from the farm store ( by the ounce) and baker creek, (also surplus from trades) . Plant what I need for my small family and then try to share the rest

• aliciacammel
    6 years ago

Ok, thank you!!! What specs of Zinnias and Marigold do you have???

• uajeremy - zone 7B Alabama
    6 years ago

I'm interested. Thanks so much!

beth_b_kodiak thanked uajeremy - zone 7B Alabama
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Zinnia, Calif Giants, Will Rogers, Envy, Polar bear and a couple others in that size range, Marigold is Cracker Jack and Gem in good quantities and a few small packs of some others.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Jeremy, I do have some stuff that fits your wish list and others that you will probably like. You need to turn your message function on to get my address

• yotetrapper
    6 years ago

Beth, I sent you a message about a tomato you sent me in one of the RRs I was curious about last week. Did you get it? If not could you message me so I can reply to it?

• mtprairiewinds
    6 years ago

Hi Beth- Do you have anything left?

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

My Prairiewinds, Love the name. Yes I have seeds enough for about 4 more packets.... assuming the ones who have posted send for theirs

• mtprairiewinds
    6 years ago

The name fits the location. We get pretty substantial winds over here.Great to hear I may be in time! I'm open to whatever you want to send. I'll await your address. Let me know if I can send anything to you in trade.

beth_b_kodiak thanked mtprairiewinds
  • DV (zone 7)
    6 years ago

Hi Beth,

I would love to have some veggie and flower seeds. I'll PM you - Thank you for sharing!

beth_b_kodiak thanked DV (zone 7)
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I need to have you post HERE!!!!! I have to keep track of how many I have said yes too in order. IF I tell you YES, then I'll wait a week to 10 days for your postage. There needs to be a way to keep this fair and for me to keep track

THanks

• James McCracken
    6 years ago

Thank you for sharing Beth! Very generous of you.

beth_b_kodiak thanked James McCracken
  • DV (zone 7)
    6 years ago

Ah, I saw some PMs in the comments so assumed I need to PM. Posting here now:

I would mainly like to grow veggies but would appreciate some shade tolerant or pollinator flower seeds also (to plant in bare spots between veggies). If you have Cucumber, Peas, Radish, Turnip, Eggplant, Green Amaranth, Holy Basil (Tulsi), I'd love to have some of those but other veggies are useful too. Could you also give me an idea of what veggie seeds you have left now?

6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your seeds! My postage is on it's way!

• Amy Curtis
    6 years ago

I would love some flower seeds, please let me know your address in mess., and I'll send stamps right away

beth_b_kodiak thanked Amy Curtis
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Amy I doubt that I have enough different flower seeds so send 20 packets. Maybe 12 or so??????

• Amy Curtis
    6 years ago

That would be fine I'm having to start all over as unfortunantly I lost all mine for years of saving and sharing, so any start would be wonderful.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Amy, your page is not showing messenger as being activated so I can send the address

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Stamps arrived today from Jeremy. Hope to be mailing back on Tues or Wed.

• Queenie Collins
    6 years ago

I've just discovered this page! What a generous offer. I'd love flower seeds if you have any left!

• Yssah
    6 years ago

Hi Beth! I would like flower and herb seeds, vegetable seeds too in that order of priority :) Please mesage me your address so I can send a sase. Thank you!

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Stamps arrived today from Devi. I should be getting seeds mailed to Devi and Jeremy on Wed.

Queenie and Yssah I have mostly very basic, non fancy veggie, seeds and a few flowers that help attract pollinators ( marigold, zinnia, sunflower, dill) more for producing food than for looks. I have no idea what will grow in zone 9 not sure if I can be helpful to either of you.

• mtprairiewinds
    6 years ago

I sent my package off Saturday. It should be arriving there this week.

• Globe Trotter
    6 years ago

Hi Beth, I sent my stamps on Friday, you should receive them any day now

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

GREAT! Prairie Winds and globe trotter. I'd love to get this wrapped up so I can find the table top before Easter Dinner. Thanks

• DV (zone 7)
    6 years ago

Hi Beth, I mailed out the SASE last Thursday. It should be arriving any day now!

• Queenie Collins
    6 years ago

Hi Beth, thanks for the quick response. I'm new at this and realize now that I should have introduced myself!

I will be planting in large containers on my patio so may not need whatever the 'standard' amount of seed is. I'm in zone 6 and all the flowers you named do well here - at least for other gardeners; this will be a test of the greenness of my thumbs ;-) I would appreciate both veggie and flower seeds, if you have any left.

Thanks again!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Queenie Collins
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Seem to be a lot of container gardeners this year. That is encouraging and has lots of benefits like less area to weed and in general less weeds to pull, but, has some special challenges for both gardener and plants.

Less root space means less water and nutrients available. Smaller containers will be effected more by sun and wind. Plants dry up and pots can tip over. Don't be discouraged. Be challenged and be alert. Watch the pots and plants closely and try to give them what they need.. Plants in the soil can be pushed a bit farther in dry soil before they give up.

Good drainage is essential too. Almost anything will work as a container as long as it will hold soil and has drainage.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Today's mail brought stamps from globe trotter and mtprairiewinds. Thanks to both

• Yssah
    6 years ago

im still starting to grow stuff so not sure about which seeds will work either but i start them indoors in papertowel baggies and willing to work with different kinds of seeds :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

seeds will ship tomorrow to, Globe trotter, Devi, Jeremy, MTwind and Queenie.

chances are excellent that you will get at least one of the following, parsley, fennel, dill, carrots or yarrow. The swallow tail butterflies use these as food and nursery spots and they are my favorite butterflies. Read up on them and be watching for the bright green and black worms that will become the next batch of butterflies. There should be enough for you to share with the caterpillars and it is fun to watch them.

On the other hand, if you got cabbage DO NOT tolerate the plain green worms that will chew them to pieces. They are an imported pest and are best used as food for your chickens or smooshed or whatever way is easiest for you.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

photos are shown under "Parsley worm" lots of variations of the color scheme but same critter.

All seeds mailed as "small First Class packages" expected arrival Thursday.

Please post when they arrive and if any questions

• DV (zone 7)
    5 years ago

Great, thanks Beth!

• mtprairiewinds
    5 years ago

Thanks, Beth. I'll let you know when they arrive.

• Queenie Collins
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

A feast of seeds! I shall be busy for the next few weeks with planting, plotting and praying for sunshine. Thanks Beth!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Queenie Collins
  • mtprairiewinds
    5 years ago

Package arrived safe and sound. Thanks again, Beth!

• Globe Trotter
    5 years ago

Received an awesome collection of seeds- Time to learn/start gardening Yay!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot again Beth!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Globe Trotter
  • DV (zone 7)
    5 years ago

Back from vacation and was so thrilled to see the awesome seed collection in my mailbox! Thank you Beth!!

5 years ago

Got mine last week. GREAT assortment! Thank you Beth!!

• Loretta Blair
    5 years ago

Beth, Do you still have seeds?

Sponsored