SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lepetitmatin

living room design/color advice please!

lepetit matin
6 years ago
I’d love advice on how to design our living room. We have a large sofa that is a charcoal/brown color (it’s the crate and barrel lounge sofa with chaise in Truffle); shelves where the TV sits that are a gray/distressed wood on black metal frame, and beige/gray baskets; ivory carpet with very subtle light gray highlights, and super light gray walls with white trim. We currently have an old cedar trunk serving as our coffee table and a wooden bookcase that are clashing with the color scheme. We also have a cream colored accent chair that we want to replace with two chairs but are torn on color. So, looking for advice on coffee table color and chair color.

I’d thought an accent color of royal or navy blue would be nice (maybe something more modern from Article), but I don’t want to space to feel too dark. Maybe cream chairs to tie to the carpet? Or should we add some color so it’s not too drab? Don’t want it to feel hodgepodgey... Have also though about leather accent chairs but am wary of pulling the room in a brown direction as the trunk and bookcase are brown and clash. But maybe it’s look ok since the couch has brown tones.

For the coffee table, I think we should match the tv stand/shelves, but not sure. Maybe just go black metal (maybe a drum?) or maybe black metal frame with concrete top? Black frame with glass top would’ve been great I think but have to avoid because of our little ones.

Pics attached.

Thank you!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio