SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ac91z6

Help z6a North MO choose two roses from Hortico

ac91z6
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So I'm going to go ahead and get 'Malvern Hills' from Hortico (thank you Beth!), which means I well as well order 3 more roses to get my money's worth with shipping. "La Plata Seq." (aka "Midnight Magic") is definitely being ordered. These two are decided on. The other candidates are:

Olivia Rose Austin - I could use a good, fragrant, short pink. And it's low-thorn!

Pretty Jessica - also short, pink, low-thorn, and fragrant. Between the two, which is the better Austin?

Young Lycidas - I keep taking this rose off, then adding it back as an option. That color, fragrance, and low-thorn! But - those wonky leaves, and disease resistance? I can provide a tower/support for floppy canes (adds winter interest to rose borders, yay!).

Golden Border (Comtesse du Barry) - I already have a lot of yellow roses. This one is short, low-thorn, and great googly moogly look at these pics - that's floriferous on another level! But will it do that, and be disease resistant, in my cold z6? Fragrance reviews are mixed on strength, and I'm not sure I like the fading.

http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.24053.2&tab=1

Help me make up my mind, guys!

Comments (41)