SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1288772

Dynasty Throwback?

User
6 years ago

Did anyone who watched Madam Secretary this week note the shoulders on the jacket she was wearing about 15 minutes into the program? Maybe it's just Tea Leoni's slim build? Not quite as exaggerated as the Linda Evans look, but whoa! Not a look I want to repeat. Is this where we're going?

Comments (9)

• arkansas girl
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Back in the day, we loved the big shoulders. I don't really think that she looks like Dynasty fashions...way too tight and shoulders around really all that big, her jacket looks like it's 2 sizes too small for her. I can think of a lot of worse fashions to revisit that we have going right now.

• Funkyart
    6 years ago

I actually love the shoulder pad look — not the jacket tea is wearing but the looser fit style

• westsider40
    6 years ago

I used to love my shoulder pad look. I thought it balanced my hips, lol. I loved the beautiful fabrics of my old suits, wool crepe and gabardines. I even saved a couple of them, hoping they would come back. No way could I fit in them now!

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    6 years ago

I loved them too. Long live Lois Lane!

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sorry, nev-ah! Not then; not now. Didn't even like the original Dynasty. Give me JR and Bobby!

• rosesstink
    6 years ago

Yes! to shoulder pads. I remember a couple of women at work asked me what I did with the shoulder pads that were in just about every top and dress at the time. "Wear them!" said I. They hated them and cut them out of garments. Pfft.

• sableincal
    6 years ago

Yes to moderate shoulder pads, because:

- They make a woman look stronger.

- Clothes hang better.

- One's hips look slimmer.

• graywings123
    6 years ago

And the blouse - is that a bow at her neckline?