SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

I need pajamas for mama.

bpath
6 years ago

My mom is staying in a skilled nursing center for now, and it is likely to continue. Because of some of her needs, she should wear a nightie, not pajamas, to bed. I've looked in a couple of stores and catalogs but it's exhausting because the needs are particular, and because I'm just not a shopper so I never have the resources when I need them lol.

She's under 5' tall, so what is a knee-length, below-the-knee, or nightshirt for most people is a good length for her.

It should be long-sleeved, but 3/4 sleeve is good because she's so petite. The sleeves are to help her keep warm.

It should not open completely in front, as she tends to unbutton, unzip, un-whatever her clothes, even in her sleep. At night she's been able to slip out of her button-top and her pajama bottoms so we switched to tee-tops and tie-waist bottoms, well-knotted and she still undid the knots. She's been using a hospital gown for the last month but of course they are drafty in the back!

I'm thinking something like a Henley-style nightshirt? But not too slim-fitting so she can move around.

Does anyone have a good online option to look for this kind of thing?

Comments (15)