SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
najana

Desparately need help with lighting choices for great room/family room

Pugga70
6 years ago

Hello Houzzers,

I am not new to Houzz, but this is my first post as I really need some help with my lighting choices. I previously considered my decorating style to be traditional, but since beginning the renovation of my home, I realized that my style has changed and I am now transitional. Therefore, begins my dilemma.

We renovated our kitchen and dining room several years ago at which point my style was traditional. Now that we have completely gutted the remainder of the home, I noticed that my style is now transitional. Now that I have to choose light fixtures for my great room/family room, which adjoins my dining room - my floor plan is open concept - I have a dilemma because my dining room chandelier is a traditional style. However, the lights that I want to put in my foyer, great room/family room, and hallway are transitional or modern.

I need your opinion as to whether they would match or do I need to pick something entirely different. I picked the same light fixtures for all of the new areas as they are in sight of each other and I am thinking that it would look odd if I chose different lights. I need four fixtures.

Please Help!!!!!

The light in my dining room is like this but without the top tier of lights and is bronze in colour.

This is the light that I would like to put in the great room/family room - 2 lights, one light would be in the foyer, and one in the hallway. The foyer leads into the family room so all three lights would be in plain sight of each other. The hallway leads off the foyer so I'm thinking the same fixture should be used there as well.

This is a rough drawing of my floor plan so you can get an idea of the lighting placement. The hallway leads off to the right and the fourth light fixture is there.

I really need your thoughts as I need to purchase the fixtures ASAP!! Thank you!!!

Comments (6)