SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammers510

Jacks professional 25-5-15 or FP 9-3-6? and when to fertilize

Sammers510
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello again, I have 13 still-dormant fig trees in 5 to 7 gallon pots that were potted up yesterday from their 1 gal nursery pots and this will be my fist season with them. I watered them well and haven't fed yet. When is the best time to start fertilizing and how often should I re-fertilize?

I was curious about if I could use my Jack's 25-5-15 to fertilize my figs? Is that way too much N? I have a huge bag of jacks for my citrus is why I ask. I found an old post that Al says that the 3-1-2 ratio is good for figs, I do have a bottle of Foliage Pro 9-3-6 that I could uses as well, I just hate it as the bottle is so messy and I am always dripping it everywhere (even when using a pipette) but I would like to use up what I have if I can. I also have some osmocote +, and fish emulsion. I want to make sure I set up a regimen as soon as I can so I can make the most of my season and would love some experienced growers tips.

In another post of mine Moses kindly suggested I add lime (which I do have) to my potting soil which I promptly forgot to do until today :/ Is that something I could scratch into the surface of the mix or is it a lost cause now?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County