SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myer_rodriguez

9a flowering shrubs??

Myer R.
6 years ago
Hello fellow TX gardeners!! I recently posted in the landscape forum asking for help on how to pretty up my front lawn and received some great advice from one poster. They suggested removing current shrubs and replacing with boxwood shrubs. I know the boxwood would be a wonderful trade-off as far as practicality is concerned, but I was wondering if anyone over here could suggest maybe some flowering shrubs to give even more color than just the dark green. While I cannot be outside to prune and shape and whatnot every single day, I would not mind something that does require some regular maintenance and upkeep (few days a week type thing). I am in Houston and I’m sure everyone knows about our yo-yo weather so it would need to be something pretty versatile and hardy. I’ll include a pic I also posted in the previous just as a reference to what I am working with. Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given!! PS I am across the street from an active creek, (no complaints), therefore insects and feral animals are part of the equation. Thanks again

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths