SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Datura Seed Search. Do You Have These?

PoohBearLvr
6 years ago

Hi. I am trying to get these double datura seeds. The only seller of them that I have found so far, in 6 months of looking, is in Canada, and they say they CANT ship to south Fla. Even though they grow here like weeds, and I can buy all the other colors, online, from EBay, from Lowes!

And they sell these on Etsy and Ebay. BUT i cant find it ANYWHERE else. Does anyone have this color combo?

It is a crea mand purple double bloom. It isnt the common double purple/white one. As you can see from the picture, it has cream in the bloom,NOT white. It is very different from the double purple/white one.

does anyone have this? And be willing to sell me some? OR...buy some from this person, and then sell them to me, once you get them?? I dont know why this color is forbidden to send to south Fla. But they wont do it! And I want it so bad. All they say is ,'Canada wont allow us to send them to South Fla.' I keep saying , 'are they opening every envelope and growing the seeds'? 'Just say they are tomato seeds, or say nothing. They dont open envelopes, it isnt like they are shipping a huge box, that would be opened. and they grow here. so they are not 'prohibited' in Fla.

So..does anyone have it? OR would someone in another state, be willing to buy them, from this seller on Etsy or Ebay, and let me pay you to get them from you?

I am going to post this in a few section here. I want these seeds badly...please...any fellow gardeners willing to help?

Comments (28)

• Florida_Joe's_Z10a
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Maybe you can order it and have it shipped to family or friends out of state and then have your family/friends ship it to you in Florida. Lol My parents live in Pennsylvania so that's probably what I would do.

PoohBearLvr thanked Florida_Joe's_Z10a
  • Related Discussions

Have: Datura Seeds

Q

Comments (2)
    Check out my list! If you see some things you like I will trade for the Datura seeds. Here is a link that might be useful: trade list
    ...See More

WANTED: Datura seeds- Any datura

Q

Comments (6)
    Happy thanksgiving to you all!! I have rooted brugmansia cuttings I will trade for your seeds, Or seeds I have are: Coreopsis tripteris Babays breath covent garden asclepias physocarpa-balloon plant Calendula, Pacific beauty- mixed Celosia- cockscomb- Yellow or red cosmos- sunset foxglove digitalis- mixed Hibiscus- white+pink Hardy hibiscus mix hollyhocks- black mexican sunflowers california poppy goldstar esperanza- yellow elder mammoth sunflower Purple majesty millet Email me if you are interested please. Thank you Kelly
    ...See More

HAVE: Seeds of thorn apple - Datura Stramonium -

Q

Comments (1)
    We are searching for this item if you can please respond even though it's from 2006
    ...See More

Do You Have This Double Datura? Have Some Seeds To Sell??

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi. I am trying to buy this seeds for this datura. But so far only 1 person in Canada is selling it on EBay, and Etsy...but they wont sell to me, in south Fla. I dont know why. And they wont tell me why. I grow all the other colors, it isnt prohibited from growing in Fla., it isn't illegal, but this person refuses to sell them to anyone in a zip code beginning with a '3'. So...is ANYONE else in Canada, or anywhere, growing this double CREAM and PURPLE datura, and be willing to sell me some seeds? OR buy them from this person on EBay? On there, their name is 'THESEEDHOUSE'. Here is a picture of the datura I am searching for. If you are growing it, or be willing to buy it from this seller, and then sell them to me, I would be SO greatfull! There must be one fellow gardener that is growing this color datura, and have seeds left over. OR would be willing to help me get them.It is not like it is cocaine, or a bomb. It is datura seeds. Will some fellow gardener help me out. From our neighbors to the north, or any gardener that is growing this colored datura. Anyone have it? Thank you.
    ...See More
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The eBay sale is over, and he has nothing listed now:( Thanks for the lead, it is a nice looking datura to,I'll try to see if he has anymore to sell. BUT i want that other one BAD!

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

FlaJoe. I have no friends outside of my county near me. All my family is dead, from Conn. or i would do that. Thus i am asking for help from every gardener in the USA!

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

I was poking around looking for it, and there seem to be several people who got seeds from him years ago over on the Brugmansia forum. They have an exchange, too, so if you go over there and post a Want post, one of them may have some seeds. I think Jack is the breeder of this variety, since he seems to be the only one online selling it. If he is the breeder, no one else is allowed to sell it if he has it legally protected. You can try contacting him through ebay. I didn't see anywhere to subscribe to or follow him, but someone on the Brug forum might know.

I have a friend in PA who might forward the Canadian seeds to me. I contacted the seller to see if they shipped to Pennsylvania or Florida. I'll let you know. It would be cheaper to have it shipped to PA and then to here anyway. If she won't, I might ask if she will ship it to an address in GA with my address as both the sender & receiver, that way, the PO will send it on to me when it can't be delivered.

I think the reason they don't ship to FL is because they need a phyto certificate to ship from Canada to FL and they are very expensive.

There are ways to deal with these things.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I thank you for the detailed reply. i have put a 'want' post on the Brug. forum, and I wrote to the 'Blicon' guy....this is Jack i think? I left him a message on the Brug. forum, hoping he would get a notice that there is a notice there. I don't know anything about HIM selling on EBay. The person that was selling this 'Box Of Chocolate' datura seeds, I sent a email to, asking if they will be selling any more,SOON. Or would be willing to sell them OFF of EBay, to save the fees. I dont know if that is this Jack person or not. No reply yet.

If your friend has a zip code that STARTS with a '3', this person wont sell to them. BUT will sell to EVERYONE else. It is only the 5 states/areas, that have zip codes that START with '3'. So I think Penn. is perfectly fine to ship to. It is all southern states. IF your friend would do it, i would be glad to pay for the seeds and shipping, and any other costs she pays. This is for 5 seeds! It isn't cheap....for all I know it could be these 'Box of Chocolate' type seeds. I assume you saw the picture I posted, it is here. I dont know.

OTHER Canada companies/people that sell on eBay, and sell datura seeds, will sell them to people in Fla. or anywhere at all!. They have NO restrictions at all. I wrote to them, they only have the purple ones, so I asked them why this person won't sell to areas that start with a '3', and THEY dont know!

BUT like I said to do, they told me, that if there is some kind of postal restriction they dont know of, to sell seeds to the USA, they get around it, JUST like I said.;..you put them in an envelope or a small bubble mailer, and just put stamps on it, and drop it in a post box, and dont write on it, that it is even seeds! It is 5 seeds. You know how flat THAT is, for datura seeds.

They don't go to the post office, and give it to someone. Who asks whats in it, even though all you have to say is, 'documents'. This seller said they had some trouble sending seeds to the USA long ago, Canada has to have some kind of 'green label' put on the envelope, I guess it means it IS seeds. So they just stopped dropping the envelopes off at the post office, to a person, and just put it in their mail boxes. no problems since.

Again, IF you friend would buy them, and i am sure she can in Penn. I will reimburse her. And would be SO greatfull. If this Jack /Blicon guy has them or is selling them on EBay, or anywhere, i would love to TRY them, if i cant get the one from Canada. Like I said, I dont know if it is this 'BOC' one.

I didnt know of it even existing , till yesterday, when someone told me they were for sale on Ebay. But the sale ended weeks ago. That Ebay seller WONT sell those to you. Georgia, it is on her 'forbidden list'! Your 'one of US'!!!!

let me know if your friend will help. or anyone will help with the BOC seeds, someone must be growing them, thats why I posted in like 6 forums. You'd think i was looking for drugs. Those you can get from Canada!!

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Florida Joe: Living in south Fla. You are lucky to GET your regular mail. It took 3 weeks to get a letter from Dania to my home, 3 miles away. I have lost so many boxes from Ebay it is unreal. And packages from over-seas, NEVER show up. Or are damaged when they arrive.

Let alone mail forwarded to another state/address, and then to get it sent to here, is impossible. I have no friends,or relatives to ask, in other states. Or I would do it in a second. Thus i am asking all gardeners around the country, if anyone would help me out. to get these BOC seeds, or the one I am trying to get from Canada....something other than the double purple/white one, double yellow, I have plenty.

Heck i cant get 'White Clitoria' seeds to save my life!!!! I have tried for 10 years...even on here to get them! Only people in India sell them! I finally got some double blues, and I am growing them.

But double whites are as hard to get as 'hens teeth'. Same as single whites are just as RARE! Can not get any. And no one will trade or sell them. I dont know why.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

You can get kicked off of eBay for asking people to sell outside of the site! Don't ever do that! It's strictly against their TOU, and they DO enforce it. The Sellers will turn you in to protect themselves from being kicked off the site.

This is Jack's ebay site. He's out of seeds, but you might write and ask if he's going to have more this summer. He's in TN, so it would be later in the summer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datura-Box-of-Chocolate-Seeds-30-seeds-aka-Purple-Specks-B-O-C-/323072077521

That Canadian that won't ship to southern states sounds like it's a political thing. I can't think of any other reason she wouldn't. Crazy!

PoohBearLvr thanked dirtygardener
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I have bought plants/seeds/jewelry/clothes.all off of ebay at better prices. It saves me money and the seller fees. BUT....I am not putting a gun to anyones head. IF they dont want to sell off of there, they dont have to. I just ask.

Well then, i have written to him already, and by mid summer it will be to late to plant them in south Fla. I want/need them now, to get plants for summer. It is to hot even for them in summer to sprout/grow...by the time I get blooms, it will be Christmas. I'd like to get blooms for spring/summer.

Someone must have them, or will help with the Canada ones. IF any gardener out there has a heart. Or wants to trade for rare succulents/huernias/orbeas/stapelias, I have, or plain old money!!!

• Florida_Joe's_Z10a
    6 years ago

I wasn't sure of the legality of what I last posted and I didn't want to be a bad influence to too many others so I deleted it LOL.

PoohBearLvr thanked Florida_Joe's_Z10a
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

huh? I would hold up a bank to get some different datura seeds:) It took me 3 months to get 'Salmon Sunset' 4oclock seeds! Then someone finally told me about a USA company that sells them....cheaper than on EBay!!! I now have 30 plants up and growing. So i can get blooms in about 1 more month. but it took 3 months to get the right person to see my request on here, to tell me about this seed company.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

When I asked why they wouldn't ship to the South, they didn't answer. I have a friend who works in IFAS at UF, and he says that there is no reason for them not to be able to ship to that zip code unless they were committing mail fraud. Datura is not on any of the invasive or noxious weed lists in those states, so it couldn't be that. You have to have a special permit to sell seeds of noxious weeds, but it's not one, so something else is going on. Anyway, it makes me not want to buy from them. It's just too strange.

The Brugmansia forum is usually pretty quiet until about the end of April or early May, so be patient. I'd say to post on the seed exchange forum, but they usually like something pretty special in exchange for something rare. Once I made a deal there for rare seeds and I had to send 10 packets of other seeds for it.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Someone contacted me on EBay. And i am waiting to see if it is 'Jack'...it seems to be a 'Jackie', on FaceBook...and she has 'BOC' as her main picture! she said to contact her there. is 'Jack', really a 'Jackie'? Fingers crossed.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

If you want something with a lot of different types of flowers, you should grow brugmansia. They are pretty easy, and there are so many different colors and types, you'd love them!

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I have grown brugs. They are NOT easy to grow in south Fla. They constantly get spider mites, they look like shredded wheat after a summer rain storm, they will bloom once in a blue moon. CUTTINGS unrooted, cost a small fortune. Rooted cost twice as much. I have 1 pot of a simple single light yellow one. I go to plant it, and it gets spider mites ALL over it.

Then It defoliates. I clear it up, then we get hit by a 5 min. wind storm, and all the leaves/blooms/buds are shredded, and it looks like crap.

It is now just starting to put out new leaves. I might get to plant it in a month or so. I like them a lot, but it is to hot, or to sunny, or they get mites here, and worst of all unrooted cuttings cost a lot. I can only get them from Ebay, and they cost a lot!

Daturas are seeds, they thrive on heat, and dont get mites. And get more seeds from them. Brugs .NEVER set seeds. Not for me.

I have tried Brugs. for YEARS. And the same thing happens everytime. And no one will trade or give rooted cuttings. I try rooting them, when I had money to spend on cuttings, 1 cutting is like $20, for a 6in unrooted cutting. They root 50% of the time. The rest rot.

Can't buy growing plants from like Lowes/Home Depot. So they are not practical. I have joined this Jackie persons FaceBook page, loaded with BOC daturas, and Brug. pics. So far she/he hasnt told me how to get seeds from her/him. I am hoping for the best. I cant believe that no one grows these, to trade or sell me 2 seeds! Or the one I am TRYING to get from Canada. Hoping maybe your friend can order them, one not in Penn.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I got news!!! I JUST bought 3 varieties of Box Of chocolates! Direct from a lady named Jackie, not Jack Blicon. This is the seller on EBay ,that HAD 4 types of BOC for sale, that I missed, before I knew these existed.

Well IF anyone wants 'Purple Specks' BOC seeds NOW,....instead of waiting till summer to get some from Jack,...go to EBay, she has 2 sales running of the 'Purple Specks' variety.

The sellers name is sjackwheat to find the datura seeds she has. 25-30 seeds for $4. free shipping. 10 offers in each sale.

So IF you want some BOC seeds NOW! I got mine plus 2 other varieties, I talked to her on the phone, and placed my order. So..I am passing this info. to all, that want them. IF anyone wants them??? She has them now.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

That's the person I told you about. She must have just put them up for sale, because there were none before. Good news!

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

After talking to so many people in here i forget who told me about the sale that ended. It is her. She now has all those BOC seeds up for sale,and I got like 3 different types. 'Speck','Purple Lace', and 'Purple Confusion'. The Speck one is what is up for sale. Considering how many seeds she is selling PER order, I paid $5.50 total for 10 double yellow seeds, this 3rd time, IF they are double yellow.

So far I keep getting the plain double purple/white ones, and have to order again, from another seller. So...it sounds like a great deal....considering how much harder these are to get. So...at least they are there now.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

I could have sent you triple yellow seeds for free, and mine are definitely that. Let me know if yours don't turn out to be what you wanted. I hope she doesn't get kicked off of eBay for selling outside the site. Like I said, they monitor messages there, and are very strict about that. I think I bought seeds from her once, but I can't remember. I don't have her on my saved sellers list, so it must have been a one-time thing. I've never had any complaints about seeds I bought on eBay, but I'm very careful who I buy from.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

well it is none of their business. She sells off of EBay all the time, from FaceBook. As for your kind offer, it is going to take me 2 months or more, to get the first bloom, t o see IF I got taken for my money again! It takes that long to gt the first bloom. the messages she and i had were not on EBay. So they dont know anything ,and she is selling them on eBay now.

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

I agree that it's none of their business, UNLESS you contact a seller through their system, then it legally becomes their business because she agreed to their terms of use when she signed up to sell there. They take high fees, so a lot of sellers sell off-site also, but not using their system to line up sales. She's also not allowed to give out her personal information through that system (email, etc.), although from what you say, it wouldn't hurt her if she was kicked off, because she sells elsewhere. They can also close your account just for asking her to sell to you off site. It's a risk a lot of people take, though. I'm just informing you. I don't care one way or another. Just think people need the facts about things.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

she is selling on there now. Her sale was over when i found her. So..my asking her for these seeds, made her decide to sell more again...she was done for the season,till I begged for seeds. So if it were not for my begging to buy,she wouldnt be selling on EBay now. So...they win. She could have sold them all on FaceBook for no fee:) Its like recycling,in 20yo ill be dead, i dont care if my soda cans are in a new car, or in the dump....im in the ground, rotting!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    6 years ago

Onalee's Seed sells white Clitorea vine seeds. Its a mix of singles and doubles. They are out of stock right now but I've seen them from time to time. You could email her.

PoohBearLvr thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • dirtygardener
    6 years ago

I love Onalee's seeds. She has some rare ones.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

that 'person' and i have had VERY bad sale exp. in the past. I no longer trust her to sell me anything.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Well my post as gone cold. So I just thought I wold post a final question, if anyone would know the answer. BTW...I just got my seeds of 'Box of Chocolates' seeds. 6 variates!! But my question is...i am TRYING to grow double yellow daturas, i have been taken advantage of 2 times so far, by 2 sellers, sending me the plain old double purple/white ones. After months of growing then, to only get those blooms, ICK!!

So this is my third try and 3rd seller. I have seedlings up, these are taking a lot longer to grow than the others, but my question is, if THESE ARE the double yellow, would the stems by a lighter green, instead of the dark green/purplish color I have gotten 2 times already?

The first and second set of true leaves are DARK green, nothing light about these seedlings. Will double yellow or even double white daturas, have lighter green stems? Or lighter leaves?

Or does the stem color have nothing to due with the bloom colors? 'Purple Specks' on Ebay, now $4 for 30 seeds. I managed to get 6 variates...and triple white datura seeds. So...this should be fun:) !!!

• dirtygardener
    6 years ago

Nope. Triple yellow also has purple stems. Most all the colored daturas do. The white ones usually have green stems.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

ok