SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maitals

Stacking Bifold Doors: Panoramic Doors or CDW?

M S
6 years ago
We are planning on replacing our East facing slider with stacking bifold doors. We are also planning on replacing our East facing and South facing picture windows in our dining room with stacking bifold doors to help integrate the indoors and outdoors (outdoor dining space is just outside (South of) the formal dining room.

We are debating between using Panoramic Doors and California Deluxe Windows. We are also considering LaCantina Doors but they are bottom of our list because they use a hinged system. We would want inside and outside to be in the oil rubbed bronze color. Notably, we live in the desert where it can get incredibly hot a few months a year.

Here is what we have gleaned through our research and seeing both in person. Lots of similarities. My understanding is CDW uses Panoramic Door’s hardware and PD uses CDW’s glass. I have put a star next to differences:

Panoramic Doors:
http://panoramicdoors.com
*Thermally broken aluminum
*Paint is powder coated
-Bottom track supported
-Doors operate independently
-Doors seal and lock with tongue and groove technology
-Magnetic technology
-Includes a door hinge that locks preventing single door from blowing shut
-Low E glass
-Title 24 compliant
*Does not include installation - need to use own contractor
*Warranty: 10 years with many limitations

California Deluxe Windows:
https://cdwindows.com/bi-fold-doors/
-Steel beam reinforced vinyl doors
*7 layer heat treated color coating
-Bottom track supported
-Doors operate independently
-Doors seal with tongue and groove technology
-Magnetic technology
-Low E glass
-Title 24 compliant
*Includes finished installation (including tile, stucco, electrical, paint, etc. Basically all finishing work except trim but we don’t want trim)
-Warranty: lifetime, but coating is warranted only for 10 years

We are not entirely sure of the price difference yet b/c Panoramic Doors does not include installation and we need to figure out what a contractor would charge, but the cost differential is unlikely to be significant given the overall investment.

Please let me know your thoughts regarding which system to choose. We are also open to other options you may recommend.

Thanks!

Comments (8)