SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristineharris8

Help! Any way to visualize light to dark cabinet color change?!

Kristine Harris
6 years ago

We have what I assume is honey oak cabinetry.

The trend seems to be white nowadays. Not a fan; I'm more of a neutral cozy warm color person, I tend to lean towards darker tones, and I have kids so white isn't ideal!

There is a local lady who paints cabinets and does an amazing job. I've been considering painting them a dark espresso color but I am a VERY visual person and I'm scared to death to go for it without a really good visual for fear I'll end up hating it, or that it'll be too dark - even though that's what I tend to prefer. If I see it, I know immediately if I love it or hate it.

Is there any way to really get an idea of what my kitchen would look like with dark brown/espresso cabinetry as a whole? These little paint swatches or 8x10 stick-ons just aren't enough for me to really "see" the big picture.

The livingroom (where I am standing to take the pic) has dark espresso brown leather couches, neutral beige walls, light carpet.

Also, would dark cabinetry look terrible with our honey oak hardwood floors? I've been considering redoing the floors at some point down the road. Not a fan of the orange tone. But that would be in a year or two when budget allows.

Comments (16)