SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missi_rogge

Big walk in pantry layout

Missi (4b IA)
6 years ago

It'll be a couple weeks before the walls are up, but I'd like to try and work something out beforehand so I'm not chewing my nails and staring at the walls for weeks after trying to figure out how to get it all together.

Inside the pantry-(upper left area) as you go in, the walls starting on the left and going around would be 11'4", 7', 11'4", 40". I have a 48" long chest freezer to go in there. Also, the cabinets we're reusing from the kitchen are- lowers- 36" (2), 21", 12" and 18" four drawer. The uppers are-36" (2) and 15" (2). We can buy more, that's not an issue. I'd like to get as much storage as possible in there (and then maybe do smaller uppers by the kitchen window, or no uppers there at all). We plan to reuse the countertops, but it's not written in stone to do that. (but we do need some counter in there-that's going to be where we fry fish on the big skillets and that will happen a couple times a month) The microwave needs to go in there on a shelf as well, and I need something for the vacuum, broom etc (like a tall pantry cabinet?).

I don't want to just put the freezer/cabs on the two long walls and leave the rest open-if I can fit things around the perimeter that would be fabulous. If some works out to be shelving that's fine too. I've been trying to get the freezer on the far wall b/c if cabinets are sticking out over the ends of it, it's not a big deal since it opens on the top. But then that makes three corners to mess w/. Corners kinda blow.

Any ideas?

Comments (3)