SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catgo

Counter top help please

catgo
6 years ago
Renovation for galley kitchen starts next week. New white shaker cabinets, vinyl plank brownish/gray flooring, stainless steel appliances. Love my new marble bathroom counters but they’re already scratched. I’m ok with that but prefer something harder for the kitchen. My heart still is drawn to a gray/white marble/quartzite look. Gray quartz is a little pricy for me although I like that look also. Have considered steel gray with a preference of honed or leathered in that. Ran across the Thunder White granite in the first picture & love it. This particular bundle is mostly free of the usual purple speckles. But is it too busy for my galley kitchen if I go with a clean solid color backsplash?
Before seeing this I was leaning toward the Himalaya White (second picture)as I like the gray coloring. Could go with the Gray Calcutta quartz as they sell it by the sq ft (third picture) but worry that it will look too “spotted or splotchy” rather than subdued which I prefer. The 4th picture is my flooring.
Do you think I would regret going with the Thunder White or should I stick with something less busy?

Comments (29)