SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kshelmidine

Help with counter stools please!

Looking for a little help with counter height stools. I was on last night looking around and saw how helpful everybody is with design so I thought I'd post and see what you guys have to say. (I've never posted before so hopefully the pics post!)

We are renovating the main level of our house. The kitchen, dining and living room are all connected so they need to flow. The first pic below shows the cabinets, back splash, wall color (the white on the walls), the trim (the gray paint sample) and the flooring. The counter tops are a butcher block that will match the flooring (probably pulling from the darker tone). The other pics are furniture and fabrics that we have purchased already. The chair shown will be in the living room and covered in the blue fabric shown. The couch throws will be replaced (except maybe the solid gold ones) with blue and/or white ones. I haven't purchased rugs yet but the dining with be a navy base and the living room with be a lighter base with blue in it. The light fixtures are all that style. Pendants above the island and the larger version above the dining table.

What I need help with is counter stools. They are so expensive. The island is 8 ft with an additional 18in" overhang on one side so we will need 4-6 stools. (Four for the backside that has the 12" overhang and an additional 1-2 for the 18" overhand on the end.) Since I need so many I can't afford to pay $150-200 per stool. Does anybody have any thoughts on inexpensive stools that would "go"? I find a lot with dark wood or cherry legs, or with black tops but nothing that really goes with the lighter wood colors. I like a lot of styles so I'm open to anything that "matches".

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)