SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesliekatzman

PLEASE HELP- NEED EXPERT MUNTIN ADVICE FOR WINDOW LITE PATTERN

lesliekatzman
6 years ago

I have been researching muntin design for my windows for several months- trying to decide on the perfect pattern and the best function. The lower floor is divided into 6 lites and I like this design. However, there are two options for the second floor. I originally went with a craftsman style pattern for the second floor- since I wanted to keep the lower parts of the windows open because we have a great view. This is the first photo posted. However, I now think the top and bottom floor may look disjointed and might be nicer if both floors have a more 'matching' pattern. My issue with the second photos is that the 4 lites on the 2nd floor feel more 'transitional' to me instead of 'historical'. I like the 4 lites with a double hung window- but not so much with a casement- and we are doing all casement windows. Please excuse my terminology as it might not be correct. Generally speaking - we like a more historical looking houses- so if we can lean in that direction- that would be our preference. You help is greatly appreciated!!! All comments about the facade are appreciated if you see any issues. Ignore my notes within photos.

Comments (11)