SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

kitchen floor tile that looks good next to douglas fir?

girl_wonder
6 years ago

Any advice on a porcelain floor tile that would look good transitioning from old Douglas Fir floors? They have strong red and yellow undertones so I’m looking for a tile that is neutral but warm.

I brought home a few samples. The one that looks best is the Crossville Argent Sacred Sand but it’s really $$$. I also have a sample of Florida Tile’s Craftsman in Wheat, (about $3 square foot) but the color doesn't look great next to the fir. In the show room they also had that tile in Rye but the samples were loaned out. I’m leaning towards white painted cabinets with a wood island. (Looking at DeWils, with “Just White” (a warm white) and an island that is quarter sawn oak in Bruin Fox, a color that’s a little lighter than cherry). I’m thinking square floor tiles, with V2 variation.

FWIW, the other room that abuts the kitchen now has carpet, but that will be replaced with wood. (my architect suggested I go w/ Doug Fir again, but it wears so poorly I may go w/ oak.). I have a 1940’s cottage, built as a 2b/1ba. In the 80s the previous owners bumped out the kitchen and added a master bedroom suite in back. I’m trying to update and also make the addition look more like it was original to the house.

Thanks for any thoughts/leads!

Comments (7)