SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_canadian

Cambria install gone bad

Alex
6 years ago

So we are in the end stages of our kitchen renovation, and we just had our new counters installed (Cambria Swanbridge) last week.

I was not home during install, however my wife was. Three guys came, one of which was being trained.

I got home from work and immediately noticed that they had not installed my counter flat/level. (Our cabinets were leveled pretty well perfectly before they installed)

The one end of our 11' span was up about 1/2". We put a call into our kitchen contractor, who then had Cambria come back to rectify the issue.

Fast forward to today. I have noticed a spot which has been very poorly repaired/chipped. Not sure if this happened when it was manufactured, or when it was installed. I am incredibly upset, not only due to the damage, but more so the lack of honesty in them not notifying us of this. There is no way they were unaware of this at install.

Also, we noticed the bottom edge on our counters is an eased edge on half, and the other half of the counters are still sharp and unfinished.

So my question to everyone, is this type of defect repairable to the point that it's not visible? What should we have them do about this? I am expecting them to replace the counter.

We thought we were receiving a premium product. This is incredibly disappointing.

Comments (24)