SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shesabeauty

I need help with exterior paint colors please!

A. Hunter
6 years ago

I've attached pic of current exterior of my house. I feel in it's current state (colorwise) it just looks flat with no depth or dimension. I just had the roof re-shingled a year ago with OC TruDef TEAK color shingles (vast improvement over original shingles). Problem is, I am trying to find complementary paint colors that will bring out the BRICK and Shingle colors. I prefer to go with Sherwin Williams colors.

I feel the paint color of the house now has too much yellow/gold undertones which I would like to avoid. I've also tried SW ColorSnap/Visualizer testing some grayish tone colors but they just don't seem to look right with the brick and roof. I'm thinking I need a warmish neutral color (like the perfect greige but more brown as opposed to gray) but to be honest I am getting super frustrated!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

P.S. - attaching pics of shingle color, closeup of brick color, and 1 pic of visualizer with DARK trim that I kind of like..... I'm not perfect at this colorsnap thing, so please no rude comments, lol

Above - current colors (look too yellow to me)

Above - current Roof Color (OC Teak) - and Brick color

Above - my idea with DARKER trim color SW 6069 French Roast (would need same color on garage door trim too, but the program was giving me problems and I couldn't add it) .... anyhow .... thoughts? (main body is SW 6064 Reticense in this photo).

Above - I love the color scheme on this house, but I tried these colors on mine and just didn't look right (maybe too gray?)

Comments (22)