SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c_salley9

Luxury Vinyl Plank Interlocking Vs. Peel and Stick Floors

Charlotte Salley
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi All!

So... this is my first time starting a discussion on here but I'd love to hear other peoples experiences with these two types of floors, brands used, and budgets awarded!

I recently (less than a year ago) purchased my first home as a "light" fixer upper- mostly needed paint, water fixture, light fixture updates initially once the HVAC, water Heater and appliances were bought.

I was able to complete most of the above mentioned, but have now reached my limit with patience over my floors... The house is a 1380 sqft open floor plan and almost wall to wall carpet... that's original... from the 90's (ACK!!!!), and if its not carpet its this god awful yellow linoleum (kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms). I've had my heart set on some form of reclaimed dark brown/grey barn-wood floor to replace in all the main areas except bathrooms and laundry room which for those I was thinking a form of white marble/stone look... I also just can't afford the 4-5.00 / sq ft it seems some of the luxury vinyl planks seem to run. If it helps, the walls are Sherwin Williams Repose Grey @ 25% mixture (lightened 75%). I'm on a bit of a budget and was hoping to keep the whole flooring project under 5500, would love to see even 3500 for the floors as I have a family friend helping me with riping out the carpet and the install, so my largest expense will be the product itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences to share with possibly using peel and stick vinyl through out (vinyl wood look for the main parts and vinyl tile for bathrooms?) they'd like to share? Looking for something that's embossed with wood texture if possible. The price is very appealing but I also would like to not have the place look cheap. I also would like to invest in a product that will last through some serious abuse (I have a 60 lb dog, and the house will later be used as a rental in a college town over the next 5-10 years).

**pictures will be uploaded later on today**.

Any suggestions/ideas or recommendations are appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Patsy Ann Transformations/Before And Afters · More Info

View from garage door/Laundry Room door.. more carpet. Once floors are done, a new couch will be bought and the fireplace is another DIY project. Ignore the christmas tree... it was taken around Christmas time.

View into the dining room and kitchen from main living room wall. Good view for the amount of carpet present)

Kitchen with painted white cabinets. See yellow lenoleum on the floor. Walls: Sherwin Williams Repose Grey lightened 75% in Flat, Cabinets: Sherwin Williams: SNowbound in semi gloss)

(Master bedroom with decor. Walls are Sherwin Williams Repose Grey lightened 50%)

(Original Hallway view... with the green walls that went IMMEDIATELY)

Comments (19)