SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

Sweet Golden Buddha

Lisa Adams
6 years ago

I have a difficult time finding roses that remain compact in my zone. I’m thrilled that ‘Golden Buddha’ has remained a compact 3x3 for me with minimal pruning.(Once per year) The blooms start off very bright, and I do usually let them “settle down” in the sun a bit before I pick them. That’s a matter of taste, and I’m not normally a fan of orange. Golden Buddha will lighten in the harsh summer sun, but still hold up for cutting. I tend to leave the blooms for a day or two, until they reach the more apricot color that I prefer, and then I bring them indoors. The blooms have a delicious strong fruit scent. Mine receives radiant heat and sun, in a SW exposure against my off white stucco. Golden Buddha handles it just fine! In such harsh sunlight, I don’t see this bright orange very often. I decided to pick these, because nothing else is really blooming, and I thought the color matched the Daffodil so well. This rose is a little worker! It’s always blooming, and unlike so many others, Golden Buddha doesn’t demand a large chunk of my So CA garden. Lisa

Golden Buddha · More Info

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths