SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_klimek16

Desperately need advice for living/family room! (many pictures inside)

John Klimek
6 years ago

My wife and I have lived in our house for about 4 years and have never been happy with the family/living room. Technically I think it's considered a living room (ie. its at the front of the house next to the front door) but it's the room we spend 90% of our time in and is the only 1st level floor with a TV.

Here is the current layout: (dining room is the opening on the left, and the foyer/front door is the bottom opening).

My wife isn't too happy because it's difficult to put another couch/loveseat for company (and our kids) but I like it because I'm closer to the TV.

The room doesn't seem to afford too many options but we've been considering this:

This option really opens up the room but makes the TV quite far away (~17 feet). I like to play video games (as well as my son) and the sectional would be a big change from our current big/poofy couch.

There are other options we've considered but I don't think they look right:

Can anybody give me their opinions on the best layout for both function and appearance? We rarely have any guests over so really the seating is for me, my wife, and my two kids.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator
More Discussions