SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_48006925

Need advice on living room arrangement - corner fireplace & huge wall

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Please bear in mind everything from the light fixtures to the floor is changing in this room. The only thing staying put is the couch.

I'm lost when it comes to decorating my living room. I've tried having 2 sofas (which proved to be too crowded), a sectional (which I really detest, plus it cut off too much of the room), and now I'm back to square one. I just purchased this new sofa and I'm totally redoing the living room, but I don't know if I should back the sofa up against the wall or have it float in the middle of the room. I have a corner fireplace and a closed in living room with a giant wall, so it's been tricky for me to navigate. My husband insists that the couch be in front of the tv, which will be next to the fireplace, but I'm more concerned with how the room flows. If I do float the sofa, what do I do with that massive wall? I think that space is too narrow to fit a pair of 2 chairs. Or should I try an entirely different approach? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Comments (14)