SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rielle_montague

Please help me pick grout color for gray tile floor

riellebee
6 years ago

Hi! I'm a newbie here and renovating a 1 BR condo. I'm trying to quickly finalize some design choices for the kitchen and would love some help!

I've picked Clay Grafito 12x24" porcelain floor tile from The Tile Shop for the kitchen floor. Here's the tile: Clay Grafito Tile I'm planning to have it set in a running bond pattern with 1/16 grout lines. The Tile Shop suggested London Fog color grout, but it looks too beige to me and I'm wondering if Dove Grey might be better. I've seen a lot of posts about Delorean Gray. Would that work with my tile?

Here are links to two inspiration pictures of the look that I like. I prefer subtle grout lines without a lot of contrast. The first uses the same tile (from customer photos on The Tile Shop website), but the second uses a different tile (found on Pinterest).

Inspiration Picture with Clay Grafito Tile

Inspiration Picture with Gray Floor Tile

Other kitchen details: The kitchen will have white flat panel cabinets (Ikea Veddinge), brushed nickel hardware. I'm leaning towards Absolute Black granite counter tops, but also considering white quartz. I haven't decided on the backsplash, but probably mini-subway tile (in white if I go with Absolute Black granite or a shade of gray if I go with a white countertop).

Unfortunately, I'm unable to compare grout samples in person and I have to make a decision as soon as possible. I'd love any suggestions about specific grout colors to go with my tile and for grout that is readily available to purchase. Thanks!!!

Comment (1)