SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaysa530

Bertazzoni 36" Induciton Cooktop-Don't do it

Firecat55
6 years ago

We made the mistake of buying into the local appliance stores hype about the Bertazzoni line and bought a 36" induction cooktop, a built in microwave and an electric oven. After a miserable year spent dicking around with the induction cooktop it was determined to be a lemon so Bertazzoini did the right thing and gave us the choice of either getting the new version of their 36" or giving us a store credit to get whatever we wanted to replace it with. We decided to go with the 36" Jenn-Air induction cooktop. It is so much easier to cook with: much more even heating, the key pad cluster is small and much easier to work with, does not shut off automatically if a spoon handle gets laid on it, not all the stupid key clicks required by the Bertazzoni. SO MUCH BETTER.

As for the microwave, you must be careful not to let the door slip out of your hand when closing, it will shatter the glass. We made the mistake of buying the convection microwave, what a waste of money. I would never do that again. The interface for the machine is cumbersome at the very least and really aggravating at best. It does defrost meat really well.

The electric wall oven is smaller than most America ovens so most of my large roasting pans do not fit. This is a tidbit the store had the right to let us know about!!! The temperature setting knobs are extremely imprecise. I hate that the oven light is on if the oven is in use, I don't need or want it on until I want to check the food. The very heavy racks do not slide easily.

I can go on, but the main thing is think TWICE about Bertazzoni, I'm afraid we made a very poor choice and I will not forget this next time he have to spend mass quantities of money on a new set of appliances. (Which I'm pretty sure we will-I don't trust they will last very long)

Comments (2)