SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thewindflower

Need Advice with Choosing Kitchen Counter tops to Compliment Island

Gabrielle V.
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am having to do a forced remodel thanks to a water leak in my condo. The new cabinets will be white, and the kitchen is on the smaller side but connects with the dining area. I wanted to go with natural stone for the island (so I could also use it to roll out pastry) and quartz for the L-shaped, perimeter counters. The general aim is a bright area, French-Provencal, clean-lined influence. The island countertop will be about 58"x36", part of which is an 8" overhang.

Since I wanted to keep things airy, I do not want to have dark and light contrasting colors such as a dark grey on the perimeter and a white-tone on the island.

I found a marble that I really like, and am including a photo. The lighting is off, as my tablet does not do well in low-lights. What suggestions do you have for a light-colored quartz that would compliment the marble? Or do you think I should just go with matching quart on both the island and the perimiter counters...?

My own thoughts were to something on the perimeter counters that had a complimentary color and design, rather than going with a stark solid. On one of the uploaded images is a small sample of Viatera Minuet that I had with me on top of a showroom sample of the marble to show an example of what I was thinking of.

Right now I was considering some of the Vadara quartz, such as Laneve or Blanco Venato. (There are some blue lines in the marble though you cannot tell from the low-light photos and the base color is a lovely cool, bright white-the pictures look greyer). I am also including the slab that is on hold for me of the marble.

Thank you so much in advance for all your feedback and advice!!!

Comments (4)