SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rishie_52

Newly built house... A/C running all the time to keep cool??

Michael Little
6 years ago

We just finished our new home with spray foam throughout. It's a piling home with spray foam in the lower floor, roof and all walls. We live on the panhandle of FL and the last days have been nice (75-80 with mild humidity). We have 2 zones and I was keeping the lower level at 76 and the upper level at 76 as well but I feel like the A/C is running all the time. We have a lot of windows so I can imagine heat coming from there, but after the sun went down last night and it was 68 outside the A/C was STILL running to keep the upper level at 76. When I woke up this morning it was STILL running. Our second level has a loft that over looks a tall foyer.. so I imagine a lot of the heat is rising to the second level? But at some point it should be cooling the house and holding a temperature shouldn't it? The thermostats are both ecobee4 and have yet to connect them to the internet or with other room sensors yet. At night the other rooms are noticeably cooler than the loft, but I still find it crazy that we cannot keep the loft cool without running the A/C nonstop.

Comments (113)