SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Review on GE Profile Electric Induction Range

suseyb
6 years ago

7 years ago, I purchased an Electrolux slide-in range, based on the recommendations here. I loved cooking on it, but the electronic boards had to be replaced often enough that I knew I would not purchase another Electrolux. In addition, the bottom oven was little more than a warming drawer, which was frustrating.

We just bought a new home, and I knew I would put an induction range in the place of the old coil range. After careful research, I decided to go with this GE Profile induction range. I thought that I would be ok with the 11 steps in the temperature control range for the cooktop burners.

It took several weeks to be delivered, but once it was delivered, I was pleased. It looked great in our space. The oven preheated faster than our last oven, and it seemed as though the the burners heated faster and hotter than our last stove.

However, learning to cook with this new induction stove has been difficult. There are no half or quarter steps in between settings, as in my Electrolux, so I am unable to set my temp exactly on the cooktop as I would like to. I have burned grilled cheese because I need a setting in between. One level is too hot, and the next level down is too cool. So I have to spend my time moving the burner temp from one setting to the next while I cook. I'm honestly afraid to try a sauce as I don't want to ruin it.

The fine tuning of the temps on the cooktop part of my Electrolux was far superior to this GE. Frankly, I'm disappointed. I figure I will get used to cooking on this, but it's not like gas, as my last induction range was. And at the price point of this range, I'm not sure spending another $1500+ plus the 25% restocking fee will make a new range worthwhile.

Comments (9)