SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricia_smith2468057

Tray ceiling paint colors dilemma

Patricia Smith
6 years ago
So I recently painted my master bedroom SW Canvas Tan. The ceilings throughout the house are SW Ceiling Bright White. The trim is SW Dover White in semi-gloss. The original design had the wall color on the vertical parts of the tray. I hated the racing stripe effect and told the painters to just cover the stripes with the ceiling paint until I decided what to do. Now it’s time to do something.

I’ve read a lot of “what color paint?” threads and looked at Houzz inspiration photos, but i still don’t have a plan. I think my main problem is that the ceiling feels overdone in such a small (12x17} bedroom. It’s like the builder put in a double-tray just to say the bedroom had one, not because it needed one.

I realize it will ultimately be a personal choice of what feels right in the space. But I’m curious how others have addressed similar ceilings. And please don’t get hung up on the ugly ceiling fan! It’s going away. I’m not looking for wow factor, just calm, serene, and balanced. I included a photo of the bed for an idea of the colors I’m working with. I want the ceiling to be an asset! Right now it feels like a blah blob with two whites that look awful next to each other. Please help!!!

Comments (23)