SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elahohen

Lawn Drainage Nightmare

elahohen
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are first time homeowners, and bought our house 4 months ago. Much to our dismay, we have purchased a drainage nightmare. All the yards behind ours are sloped/graded toward our house, including our own back yard. The good (?) news is, the hill continues downward past our home and to the street. We have major pooling in the crawlspace and in much of the yard. We’ve had several people come out to give us quotes which were astronomical and contradictory in strategy. From giant dry wells to sump pumps, I just don’t know who to trust or if I should trust any of these people. I’ve been doing a lot of research and have tried to come up with a plan, but I wonder, do you think this could work? What would you do differently or add, or take away? I know its difficult to say just from looking at photos, but I am DESPERATE. Below are cruse drawings of the spots where water pools, and the proposed drainage plan. Sorry I am no artist or engineer. Speaking of which, I tried to find a civil engineer to hire but can’t find one that will take on a job this “small”.

Comment (1)