SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bed5159

Help with finishing touches with obstacles????

bed5159
6 years ago

I love my bedroom and I know the direction I am trying to go, and while most of it is done, it's finishing touches I need help with.. So first this is my general style that I am trying to go for in the bedroom.

I know that this one doesn't exactly scream bedroom, but its a good style example.

So, as you can see I'm really into white (when you have a fat white cat that likes to shed over anything that looks expensive it's a necessity lol) and I know it has a lot of glam qualities, but I don't want to go TOO glam for two reasons; it can look cold to me pretty easy and it also can look really tacky if done incorrectly. That being said I want a good mix but am unsure what to bring in to tone it down.

Now for the things I have to work around..

1. There is only one window and it is placed kinda weird, I do have a giant chandelier in the room that has twenty bulbs and fits in style wise, but natural lighting pretty much sucks.

2. I have a king bed and a giant ornate headboard that I love, but is already so over the top that it needs to be toned down in other parts of the room.

3. The reason I have a headboard that is 6 ft tall and large is because I have a really weird room where the ceiling is pitched on one side. So the wall that my bed is against one side meets the ceiling at 8 ft the other side meets at 12 ft. Like this, just no where near this big.

4. I need advice about nightstands as well but I only have maybe 20" on each side for a nightstand

5. I have a white quilt on the bed now but only because it was the only bedding that was long enough around all sides to reach the floor, but if you have any bedding ideas that are somewhere between glam and ornate and french country, layering is great too, I just don't know how to put textures, styles, and colors together well without being too matchy.

I'm looking for any nightstand or bedding ideas, but honestly any kind of finishing touch that would warm it up would be welcome, just for reference I have dark hardwood floors and cream walls.

I hope this made sense and thank you so much in advance for any help.

Comments (5)