SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crmum

Enter kitchen through laundry/pantry, should hardware color match?

crmum
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So most of our guests/good friends enter our 1970's home through the back door which puts them into a mud room then into the laundry/pantry before entering our kitchen. I hate it, but probably the only way to rectify that is to move the paved driveway, which won't be happening.

We are remodeling our kitchen and it will have slightly off white shaker style cabinets. The kitchen has dark countertops (Cambria Walton) and stainless steel appliances. The kitchen also has a breakfast area with a reclaimed brick fireplace and will have a ORB chandelier. The door from the kitchen/breakfast area to the pantry is beside the fireplace and is always open so the pantry/laundry is visible from the kitchen.

I was going to use brushed nickel hardware in the kitchen because I don't want the hardware to distract from the great view we have. But, I'm starting to think maybe I should use ORB because it looks good with the counters and backsplash and would tie in with the pantry. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)