SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xiverano

Help me design our dining room please!

Ivy
6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have this 10.5x10 dining room that is adjacent to our open kitchen that I need design help with. I'd like to put up a wall of cabinets right under the AC vent duct (see photo it's marked on the right hand side). I am thinking of going with a glossy white color from Ikea besta storage system (see inspo photo below) since our kitchen cabinets are also glossy white, which you can see a little bit on the left side of the photo. I'd also like to add more colors to this room to liven it up, as it's kind of monotone right now. I am thinking of either painting the wall that's directly in front like an accent wall, or hanging some interesting artwork/mirror.

Related - what do you think of our furniture/rug? I know that unfortunately our floor and dining table ended up being the same colors...but we really loved this live edge table from west elm. The dining chairs are dark blue with antique brass legs, which is hard to tell from the photo. The rug was pretty cheap, so if you have better ideas for rug colors, please let me know! Our style is fairly modern/minimalist so we'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks so much!

Comments (19)