SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knecht6

Dining Room Table Suggestions?

Kathy
6 years ago

Super stuck. Working on updating and decorating an outdated home. First pic below I'll call "living room" (please ignore the furniture and mirror in this room; I'm trying to replace it all). Was this room, right off the entry, supposed to be a formal dining room or a tiny "sitting room"? I'd like to use the space for dining, but hubby thinks it would be weird. I realize I would have to lower the chandelier so it's closer to the table (not sure how I'll manage that, as I no longer have the rest of the chain that came with it).

Also, I would love suggestions for dining tables that seat 8 and would flow with my family room's style (see second photo; I've already sold the chesterfield leather sofa and ordered a light, neutral sofa much like my cream chairs in style). I think a rectangle or round table seating 8 would work in the space. In living room, chandeliers and curtain rods are espresso, so I'd like to stick with an espresso table. I just need style ideas, and we're at the end of our budget, so ideas under $1000 would be appreciated. I already have parson chairs that I might slipcover cream. LR walls are SW Grassland. Thanks a million.

Comments (16)