SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4kids4us

Just booked flight for trip to Napa - suggestions for lodging, etc?

4kids4us
6 years ago

My friend and I are going to Napa/Sonoma in March to celebrate our upcoming 50th birthdays. I've been a few times with dh, who is from the Bay Area, but have not been back in at least 15 years. My friend has never been. In fact, I just found out this afternoon she has never even been to San Francisco (I assumed she has b/c she travels a lot and she hadn't mentioned it until today!) As yet, we have not decided which area to stay in and haven't really planned out any sort of itinerary. We plan to do a bike tour one day at the recommendation of a friend who did it on a girls' trip a few years ago. We are both active and fit/healthy, so that should be fun. I won't book the tour until we decide where we are staying as there is one for Napa, another for Sonoma.

Obviously this is sort of a last minute trip so we only have a month before we leave. I'm looking for suggestions for place to stay (preference for B&B, AirBnB or small inn), wineries to tour, good restaurants (we are foodies!), other things to do in the area. We will be there for four nights and three full days (arr Sunday and depart Thurs). We are flying in to Sacramento rather than San Francisco as the flight times were better. We get in late afternoon so if there is anything along the way where we might want to get a bite to eat, we will probably be hungry as we won't have eaten since we left the east coast. Or if we should just wait and eat in the town we are staying, no problem.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz