SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midcenturyvibes

Help! My mid-century couch looks great but isn't comfy! What to do?

midcenturyvibes
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I was about to order a second, slightly longer version of this beautiful saddle-colored West Elm love seat for my family room and I realize the back/neck is way to low and the sofas are way too firm. Comfort over fashion for the t.v. room right? Any ideas about what to do instead? I really love the look of the leather sofa with the white rug and yellow jacquard curtains. I was ideally hoping to order two sofas (imagine a second sofa in the long empty area) with an accent chair for the space. (Good thing I didn't order the second longer one so I can simply send this one back.) Just wondering what to do here!? Two cushier leather couches? How do I keep the mid-century look while staying comfy? Are two different color sofas too busy? Are two different back height of couches too busy? Want it to look well put together yet comfortable and cozy. So many questions. Also, ignore the black Ikea console. Changing it out for a low, wide mid-century console and then will mount t.v on the wall. Also, curtains will be hemmed. Open to new idea on coffee table which was from my old house.

Comments (10)