SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deckat648

LuLaRoe clothing

Bonnie
6 years ago

Since our winter party at work where one of the raffle prizes was for LuLaRoe leggings lots of women are talking about LulaRoe clothing. Does anyone have any? I'm on the website now and have located a retailer near me.

Comments (34)

• DYH
    6 years ago

I don't, but I have a gardening friend who loves the leggings. She hasn't posted about them on her blog, but she did on FaceBook.

Bonnie thanked DYH
  • littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

They were all the rage here last year. The leggings I saw around my area are brightly colored and were worn with big, loose, baggy tops. Most women I saw in them were (*ahem*) comfortable in big, loose, baggy tops with stretchy leggings. No offense intended. Everybody's got to wear something, after all.

Bonnie thanked littlebug zone 5 Missouri
  • deegw
    6 years ago

For a while our town FB page was being over run by posts by people selling them and looking for them. Finally all LLR posts were banned. Based on pictures I have seen of the products, I wouldn't purchase from them. It's not my style.

The company is currently being sued because of their business practices.

Class action

Bonnie thanked deegw
  • Funkyart
    6 years ago

They are big here-- well, they are if you trust FB. Most of the women who wear them are either a. YOUNG or b. small/petite (though they do come in all sizes).

One of my nieces loves her pair with cheeseburgers or something on them. There's a wide variety of patterns but they don't seem to be high quality.

Aside: for the longest time, I confused lularoe with lulumon -- two very different things, at different ends of the scale!

Bonnie thanked Funkyart
  • RNmomof2 zone 5
    6 years ago

I think it is a regional thing. It is big in the nearest metropolitan area to us (an hour away). But where we live, I rarely see people wear it although I too see FB ads. And I agree that many who wear it do not have any business doing it!

Bonnie thanked RNmomof2 zone 5
  • graywings123
    6 years ago

I sure wish this fad would move along.

Bonnie thanked graywings123
  • neetsiepie
    6 years ago

It was huge in my area last year. Everyone was raving about them and I knew so many people who were in on the fad. I personally wouldn't wear leggings as pants (I have lymphedema so my legs are disfigured and very swollen), but plan black or neutral colors are fine on some people, just so long as the rear end is covered. I've worn some under a maxi dress in the winter for warmth.

But those Lularoe leggings-ugh. I refer to them as cartoons on the legs. I'd see grown women wearing everything from hearts to frogs to skulls on their legs with a long top-usually sold by the same company. And they'd be wearing these get ups to the office-which I found really appalling. We can wear jeans at my office-but cartoons on your body? Ummmm...no.

The shtick is that the dealers never know what patterns they'll get so people get all hyped up on getting the 'hot' patterns. I have a friend who bought Disney Villan Halloween themed leggings. For herself. To wear to work. She's 57 years old.

My advice-run. Do not walk. They're cheap quality (usually made in Viet Nam), ugly, over priced and unflattering.

Bonnie thanked neetsiepie
  • zippity1
    6 years ago

i have a pair of leggings that i won have never worn them even though my body type lends itself to them i just can't tolerate the prints (and i'm flower loving person) and some of the color mixes don't do anything for me.... maybe i haven't shopped for them enough...

Bonnie thanked zippity1
  • User
    6 years ago

I only remember the issue of the class action suit that d-gw mentioned. I don't know that I have seen them but it seems it was another MLM scheme and the "distributors" got roped into buying more than they could sell. or something like that . whatever it was, was not something that would make one want to get involved.

Bonnie thanked User
  • mrs_smith9229
    6 years ago

Littlebug...”ahem”...rude.

• reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
    6 years ago

Can't stand them or any of the MLM's and yeah, I think the patterns are juvenile and ugly.

Bonnie thanked reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
  • chessey35
    6 years ago

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the company and the way it's run, the giving of refunds, quality of goods, etc. It's not my style but I'd not want to invest in a lot of their clothing.

Bonnie thanked chessey35
  • User
    6 years ago

They're very big around here. Everybody is a seller.

I'd wear the leggings around the house but honestly they're not my style and I do think they're overpriced.

Bonnie thanked User
  • User
    6 years ago

I got a couple of their dresses when there was a festival at the beach last year with people selling such things. I don't care for their leggings or their prints, I think one of the dresses was black and the other a more tame print (they are at my other house right now, can't check). But the quality is very poor. Idk why I bought them.

Bonnie thanked User
  • dedtired
    6 years ago

I had heard the name but wasn’t familiar with the clothes, so I just checked out the web site. That is one ugly and garish collection of clothing.

Bonnie thanked dedtired
  • tinam61
    6 years ago

they were big around here but I haven't noticed them as much. I didn't care for the prints, or some of the shapeless tops and dresses. DILs of our best friends started to become a seller, and the investment was $5,000 or better. I was a bit worried for them, but thankfully they changed their minds.

Bonnie thanked tinam61
  • terezosa / terriks
    6 years ago

Ummm, no thanks.

Bonnie thanked terezosa / terriks
  • User
    6 years ago

I'd never heard of LuluRay before reading this thread, and based on the pics terriks posted, I don't think anyone around me has either, I never see folks dressed in, umm, whatever those are, leggings over a dress and a cape?

Bonnie thanked User
  • dedtired
    6 years ago

Lol. Exactly what I mean.

Bonnie thanked dedtired
  • User
    6 years ago

They are huge around here too. Allegedly they are comfortable, I guess like wearing one's pajamas to work. I'm huge on comfort, but there's no way in hell I'm leaving my house looking like a toddler in love with SpongeBob SquarePants designed my leggings.

Bonnie thanked User
  • User
    6 years ago

One of our relatives sells the stuff. She's actually doing pretty good with average monthly sales of $10,000. We don't speak anymore, but I do talk to her dad. I mentioned the accusations of it being a pyramid scheme and he took offense, so I dropped it.

Btw, she gave up teaching to do this. Sad that you can make more money selling crappy clothes than expanding young minds.

Bonnie thanked User
  • Bonnie
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I'll stick with teaching, CindyMac. I was just so curious after the party that I had to check out the website. The only leggings I wear are black and are more like pants. I do not care for the look of leggings under a dress. I did find a cute dress, the Carly dress, but after all this enlightenment I think I will pass!

• amyktexas
    6 years ago

I have several pieces and some of the leggings. They are all very comfortable, fine for casual Mom errands and hanging out at home.

I love their maxi skirts. They have a fold over yoga waistband that makes the length perfect for my short self. In general the maxis have held up much better than other pieces after washing and wearing several times.

Bonnie thanked amyktexas
  • lisaw2015 (ME)
    6 years ago

My SIL has been selling LLR for about a year or so. She is always bragging about how much money she makes. She sells on her FB page & does home parties as well as going to the local fairs in the summer. BUT she refuses to tell me what her actual income is after she takes into account all the stock she has. I am not exxagerating a bit when I tell you she has at least 10,000 pieces of clothing hanging in her spare room, very likely double that. She got pretty upset with me when I "left" her group converstation she started on FB, even after I kindly explained that I didn't care for the clothes so I woud rather not get a "ping" everytime someone commented on a pair of leggings.

After a while, I felt bad enough about not supporting her that I went over to her hous and found 2 long maxi skirts that I actually loved but were way over priced, IMO. She offered me a discount & out of guilt, I took them home. I will say that I wear both skirts quite often. One is an olive green lace, the other is a waterprint, both are easy care and wear nicely. She gave me a pair of leggings because she thought I would fall in love with how soft & comfy they are. Nope, don't like ANY of the prints on MY body shape, many of them are incredibly ugly & I have worn them just once under my ski pants when we took the Grandskids sliding earlier this winter. They did add a comfortable layer of warmth but my cuddleduds are much warmer, better quality & cheaper too when I can find them at TJMaxx.

Everyone around here wears LLR, a trend I would not miss should it pass.

Bonnie thanked lisaw2015 (ME)
  • hhireno
    6 years ago

I don’t actually know anyone who wears them, but until recently whenever I saw garish, outrageous leggings I assumed it was that brand. I was at my local mall and there is a whole store for just leggings. A whole store. Just leggings. How do they pay mall rent? Just walking by, I don’t wear leggings from any source so I didn’t go in, I noticed many garish, outrageous prints. So LLR has not cornered the market on this item.

Bonnie thanked hhireno
  • deegw
    6 years ago

lisaw - I have a dear friend who makes and sells greeting cards. She would get so excited about how much money she was making but conveniently forgot the thousands of dollars she spent on Cricut supplies.

• 4kids4us
    6 years ago

"BUT she refuses to tell me what her actual income is after she takes into account all the stock she has. I am not exxagerating a bit when I tell you she has at least 10,000 pieces of clothing hanging in her spare room, very likely double that."

That statement is a little scary. As this type of clothing is definitely a trend, I can't imagine how much money she would have tied up in that inventory should the trend die off before she can offload most of what she has. A couple of months ago, I remember reading online that the company was being sued and it wasn't the first such lawsuit. A couple of articles regarding that:

Consultants Stuck With Thousands of $$ of Worthless Clothing

Several Lawsuits Filed

If people are wearing them around here, I've never really noticed. However, I know there are sales consultants here b/c I've seen postings on community FB pages. I heard about them a couple of years ago when someone on a different message board I belong to started selling it. Definitely not my style.

Bonnie thanked 4kids4us
  • lisaw2015 (ME)
    6 years ago

I actually just asked her via FB messenger if she was aware they were being sued? Her response "lol, someone is ALWAYS trying to sue them". I then asked if that concerned her at all considering the amount of stock she has & she said she is selling faster thsn she can keep up with ....so, no, she isn't. hmmmmm

Maybe she worries I will mention something to DH who would in turn say something to his brother & she would be in a heap of carp because he gave her a ton of money to get started. She has never worked outside of selling stuff from home, she often loses money. Origami Owl, Paparazzi Jewelry, Athena's, Lia Sophia, Papmered Chef, etc. You would think her DH would tell her enough is enough but whatever, nothing to me I guess.

Bonnie thanked lisaw2015 (ME)
  • Bluebell66
    6 years ago

Not my style, either. It has been a topic of conversation on our local FB pages as people try to get items replaced or refunded. Apparently a lot of the leggings develop holes rather quickly and when people try to get them replaced, they find their original consultant has closed up shop and won’t reply to messages.

Bonnie thanked Bluebell66
  • Bonnie
    Original Author
    6 years ago

This is a current topic on a cruise board. I am amazed at women who are packing leggings to take on a cruise. Can't even imagine wearing them. Thanks all for your input. I won't be buying, just not my style.

• reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
    6 years ago

This is a good article which explains precisely how lularoe and other MLM's operate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1039331/mlms-like-avon-and-lularoe-are-sending-people-into-debt-and-psychological-crisis/amp/

Side note: I'm a teacher and was part of a large national Facebook group for my specific endorsement. People would always post either promoting the stupid leggings, looking for part-time work or asking how to supplement income and sure enough MLM's were always suggested. I decided one day to post the article above. They kicked me out of the FB group over it.

MLMs are terrible. They exploit women forcing them to take on way too much risk to sell their crap products. If they had a decent product they would use standard retail channels.

I live in MLM central. Driving to work I can't tell you how many MLM headquarters I drive by on the freeway. Massive buildings too. Young living, younique, doTerra, close to my heart, jamberry, Thrive, just to name a few. It's insane.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

I guess I miss all this not being on Facebook! Yay!

I do have some fun leggings--not this LuLaRoe brand, but I wear those for the gym for Zumba. They're not anything I'd wear outside of the gym or outside walking.

Although I wore my leggings from the rock band Ghost to the Y yesterday and two ladies asked me about them. I'm sure they're going to think I am Satan after they go to the Ghost website. And, unfortunately, the leggings are sold out except for size small, so they'll still think I'm Satan and they didn't get the leggings.

https://ghost.backstreetmerch.com/leggings/stained-glass-blue

I also ordered these leggings from the rock band Mastodon. Again, I'd wear these to the gym only. BTW, Emperor of Sand is an awesome CD, and they just won a Grammy FWIW.

https://shop.mastodonrocks.com/collections/apparel/products/emperor-of-sand-leggings?variant=42281892612

• hhireno
    6 years ago

Bonnie Ann,

speaking of clothing discussions on cruise sites, I’ve read at least two posts asking if they should pack a sweater. Who needs to crowd source for this info? How hard is it to pack a sweater or shawl in case the air conditioning is too cool? People mention packing fans, air mattresses (!), ziplock baggies, cases of soda, but they don’t know if they should bring a sweater. I’m shaking my head and rolling my eyes at this.