What if tRump refuses to answer questions?

heri_cles

I am guessing that Trump will not voluntarily submit himself for questioning to the FBI. I never thought he would. Instead, he will probably choose to stand on his claim that the FBI is bias and continue to spout off with his own opinion about collusion.

So, if he refuses to answer questions under oath, then what?

A Grand Jury subpoena?

And what itRump refuses to obey it?

tRump may still try the end run, firing Rosenstein and then making a recess appointment to fill his vacancy. In the meantime, I doubt we will see tRump submitting himself to the FBI for questioning.

SaveComment26Like
Comments (26)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
User

It seems to me to be impossible to believe that he could be innocent. If he was, WHY DOES HE ACT LIKE A GUILTY MAN ?????????????????

8 Likes Save    
jodik_gw

The process will continue. Trump is not above the law.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The process will only continue if congress has the backbone to stand up to him. So far, esp the house, has been folding like it's made of cards. The senate now with mccain impaired and graham turned and even flake caving, may not have what it takes. I think we'll have to wait until November and a blue tsunami in order for the investigation to make its way directly to trump. His lawyers can easily take months in court arguing about indicting a sitting president, forcing him to testify, etc. And if the dems take the house by storm, that may be enough for the gop senators to realize that trump has no coattails but a millstone for the party and then they'll be happy to vote against him.

5 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Waterboarding?

7 Likes Save    
chloe203

Nothing is going to happen to trump if he doesn't testify.

And, it doesn't matter what the outcome of Mueller's investigation is as long as republicans hold a majority. Nothing will happen to him.

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

5 Likes Save    
Vith

perjury, and if repubs are interested in not losing their job they will uphold the law or that is easy win for the dem in the next election.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Eventually November will happen.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

trump refuse to answer Mueller questions? Heck, he's too scared to do the annual super bowl Q&A on NBC....... trump is so strong, tough, fearless, nyuk, cluck cluck, he's so chicken he could lay an egg.

4 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Yes so fearless, bone spurs, cough cough.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

His Vietnam was all his STD exposure.

Sure lots of good men died, but Donnie avoided herpes.

Patriot!!

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Gee, innocent folk who tell the truth don't worry about stuff like this.

2 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Trump has not given a press conference in over 500 days, I think the handlers are afraid that he will speak off script. The teleprompters keep him on target for the most part, cept' recently when he forgot in 30 seconds he had just spoken to Senator Cornyn

Him and Mueller one on one? Wish it could be open to the public :)

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Even if he answers all the questions, the answers will be lies,

What's a Special Prosecutor to do under these circumstances?

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

I don't see how he avoids it but then again he may not really care about his political future, legacy or the GOP. He may very well think that an indictment or impeachment is a plus with him and his base. I have to agree with him if that's what he thinks

Save    
Margo

Everyone seems to be a Trump knower. If if if..........

Save    
elvis

Margo

Everyone seems to be a Trump knower. If if if..........

You missed one, Margo! ;D

I have to agree with him if that's what he thinks

Nothing is going to happen to trump if he doesn't testify.

If he was, WHY DOES HE ACT LIKE A GUILTY MAN ?????????????????

So, if he refuses to answer questions under oath, then what?

1 Like Save    
Margo

momj47(7A)

Even if he answers all the questions, the answers will be lies,

So,if they are lies, then what?

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

There may be legal moves available for Mueller to force Trump to testify (I am not an attorney). If Trump still refuses to testify, there's still the court of public opinion; he does NOT have the support of 60+% of the public.

Calculations will be made by the GOP depending on the damage/gain they see if Trump refuses to cooperate with Mueller (and when this high-noon moment occurs). If the blue tsunami has happened, or the GOP believes it will happen, GOP congressional support for Trump is greatly diminished.

There's still the question of what Mueller has discovered about Team Trump, and what and when indictments will be made for obstruction of justice and/or conspiracy.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

If Trump lies to Mueller, he is guilty of perjury -- same as Bill Clinton re Monica Lewinsky.

Perjury = bye-bye giving Trump the benefit of the doubt for the mushy middle.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

You're kidding, aren't you?

He'll be charged with perjury, and obstruction of justice, and impeached, just like Mr. Trump's hero, Bill Clinton

If Clinton had told the truth, there would have been justifiable outrage, from all side,s but probably nothing more.

It's not the crime, it's the cover-up that gets them in the end.

1 Like Save    
leona_2008

Nah, mom. In trump's case, it will be both the crimes and the cover-ups.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Does he understand the difference between collusion and collision? Maybe he thinks we think he had a car accident with the russians and keeps claiming there's no collision!

1 Like Save    
elvis

You funny, annie!

Save    
jillinnj

Thank you again for showing the depth of your knowledge.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Well, we know sessions committed perjury when he lied to congress, but he's not suffered for it. I'm sure perjury is committed in every courtroom every day but people typically are not tried for it.

We also know trump's engaged in corruption and broken the emoluments clause, nepotism and conflicts of interest, plus jared is in on, for example, the president's daily briefing even though he *still* has no security clearance (anyone want to guess why???), but none of it has had consequence for trump so far.

If mueller has evidence of money laundering by trump, it will be interesting to see if he can indict a sitting president with criminal charges...

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering Can’t Figure Out What ‘Sparks Joy’? Try This Question Instead
If you can’t decide whether to keep something or let it go, shift your perspective to find the answer
Full Story
Most Popular The Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story
Most Popular 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Meeting With Your Designer
Thinking in advance about how you use your space will get your first design consultation off to its best start
Full Story
Friendly Painting, Inc., is a full service residential & commercial painting and contracting business founded in... Read More
Biltmore Design Galleria is a Design-Build company with over 15 years or so of experience. We are firm believers... Read More