SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_grundin

Pottery Barn Cameron Sofa or Sectional Reviews?

Katie Grundin
6 years ago

I have been looking for a sectional for my new condo and have settled on the Cameron Sectional from Pottery Barn. Does anyone own any furniture from this line? Do you like it?

Comments (20)

• dreamingofdecorating
    6 years ago

Its made where all their other pieces are, NC. When it was first introduced it was the smallest scale pieces they had at the time and thus has a very shallow seat, smaller arms and has a very stiff and upright seating compared to others they sell. What makes it a top seller is it has one of the lowest price points of all the sofas they sale. PB recently introduced a smaller scale line for apartment living. All that said its reviews will be on par with all PB furniture reviews and the complaints will be the same. Have you sat on it? Did you find it comfortable?

• Jennifer Alexander
    6 years ago

We bought a Cameron 88" sofa in the upgraded performance fabric in Desert color. We have had it less than a year and we are not happy with the way it is holding up. The arms are very hard (this was a problem from the beginning) and seem like there was no cushion wrapped around the arms. They are literally flat looking on the top of the arms, not rounded, and you can feel hard pieces of wood under the arm fabric. For an upgraded fabric, we are highly disappointed. Within one month (!) the fabric was pilling! And it already looks dirty - yes, we chose a light color - but it looks very dirty although we don't have young children or pets on the furniture. We chose a couch that was not as deep as our previous couch, to help our smallish room seem bigger, but that was a mistake. We have learned that floor space is not as important as being able to feel comfy on your own couch. It is not really deep enough to lounge without feeling like you are falling off. Sorry about the rant, but it's hard to spend a big chunk of money on a purchase like this, and then be so disappointed. I hope your search ends successfully!

• Related Discussions

Pottery Barn Chesapeake Platform sectional

Q

Comments (1)
    For price to value on outdoor furniture, I recommend ScanCom, they manufacture in Vietnam. Try googling them or go to their website more info. Jay Weber is responsible for the US market. ScanCom North America 45 W. Easy Street Suite 15 Simi Valley, CA 93065 Customer service: 1-800 Tel.: +1 (805) 5818029 Fax: +1 (805) 581 3032 Email: weber@scancom.net
    ...See More

Pottery Barn Pearce Sectional

Q

Comments (3)
    i advise customers to take a good look at the floor samples. this tells you everything about how your sofa will look in a few months to a year. also, check out our "pearl" style. it's custom, but affordable. you can order it to the exact size you need and you can choose from thousands of fabrics. we build it to last! we offer the best price/quality ratio on the market. we are a family business making custom sofas and sectionals in los angeles for over 50 years now. it's super easy to request a quote RIGHT HERE. xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM ** CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA AND CUSTOM SECTIONAL PROJECTS LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
    ...See More

pottery barn sectional - analysis paralysis!

Q

Comments (1)
    I think that configuration is a bad idea. you'd be better off with a sofa and moveable ottomans than a loveseat + chaises on each end.
    ...See More

Sectional Sofa Brands for Less!

Q

Comments (7)
    love love our maiden home thompson bed and jones sectional. i did more reaearch then i care to admit befor buying and think quality and design wise its a few notches above. joybird, article, burrow are not really comparable - they are closer to the ikea end of the spectrum. i think of my maiden home stuff as rh level design but far better quality (made in north carolina) and a much more reasonable price. hope that helps!
    ...See More
  • Lindsey Chance
    6 years ago

I agree with these comments. Piling and the hard arms! I wouldn’t recommend it and wish I had gotten something else. I didn’t get the upgrade fabric I don’t think.

• sarabowers100
    5 years ago

I fell in love with the Cameron series from Pottery Barn. I liked the small scale, short depth ( I have back issues), firmness of seat, the size of sofa (88" W) and the fact that there is a matching love seat (62"). However after reading terrible reviews regarding the delivery of product, customer service and durability, I have decided against the purchase of the 2 pieces. Does anyone know of a source with a product that will fit my needs but of better quality and without the delivery issues.

• cynthiac54
    5 years ago

We bought a Cameron Grand sofa in Desert Performance fabric three years ago. We haven’t had too much pilling but the cushions are a mess, no support, sagging despite rotating often. I would NOT recommend this expensive, underperforming sofa.

• PRO
    The Stated Home
    5 years ago

Their quality is not the best - I just had a customer come purchase something from me after they had to return their Pottery Barn sectional. Look for a brand with 8-way hand-tied springs and hardwood frames with a lifetime warranty on the frame and suspension. At least a 5 year warranty on the cushions. I'm partial to Lee Industries and they have similar styles in the 5710 and 5720. Some people have had issues with their cushions, but as long as you stay away from the down you'll be fine!. You can use their retailer locator to find a store near you, or if you don't have one I'm happy to help!

• User
    5 years ago

It gets bad reviews on line, too, apart from HOUZZ.

• Mia A
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I got 2 Cameron Roll Arm Sofas for a second home 4 months ago. I went to a store for a comfort test and thought it was pretty comfy (at least the one in the store was). Now that I have them, I agree with the above comment. You can NOT lounge on this sofa. It is very upright and short seated. The back cushions are pretty puffy/lumpy which takes up even more space and pushes you forward. Also when they were delivered, one had a hole in the rear top corner and metal was showing through the frayed fabric (Basketweave Slub Oatmeal). The fabric is a very loose weave without a good backing. They took the one sofa back and "repaired" it aka pulled the fabric and tucked it back in. So now it looks pulled and uneven. I am so disappointed - I definitely made the wrong decision. Don't get me started on how impossible it is to get a return/credit. They make you want to burn it. Many thousands of dollars spent with Pottery Barn and they have lost me as a customer.

• atallahjennifer
    4 years ago

I agree with above comments. Not what you expect from Pottery Barn

• Mia A
    4 years ago

Following up a year later and I am getting rid of the Cameron Roll Arm Sofas. Not only are all the above still bad issues, but the fabric is worn out. This is a second home that is not rented out or occupied very often. No kids. The fabric is covered in balls and fuzzy in the seating areas. Also the back top part of the frame is so sharp - it is angled to a point in towards your head. Everyone knocks their head on it all the time. These sofas are junk!

• margimo
    3 years ago

Wow - thank you all so much for the reviews - I was going to order a couple of the slope arm swivel chairs, but I’m just not comfortable ordering something online I haven’t sat in...these were so helpful...I’ll go elsewhere!!! Everyone stay safe and be well!

• HU-32513356
    3 years ago

I am returning our Cameron sectional because of the hard arms and lack of depth. It is comfortable to sit on, but not to lounge on. Thankfully PB was fantastic and refunded my money for it. I ended up with the Sullivan deep seat sectional instead and am waiting for it to come. I am considering getting a chair in the Cameron line though because it is super comfortable to sit on. It feels great on the back and the cushions are nice and firm. Just not great for a lounging sofa.

• aqbarrera
    3 years ago

Were you actually able to return it & get a refund from PB? We ordered this after trying it out in-store. It looked great in pic & was comfortable to sit on, so we ordered without checking review. It was delivered yesterday & was stained by the delivery guys while they were bringing it inside. the couch is Really Not Comfortable, & since PB has said they’ll replace the couch, I’m wondering if I should ask for a refund instead, based on the comments I’ve read here. How hard was the refund process?

• Rachel
    2 years ago

Jennifer Alexander this is an old post but, I'm wondering which fabric you have? I want to avoid pilling this time around. It's so hard to know which will pill. Thanks

• H G
    last year

VERY DISAPPOINTED! I purchased Cameron sectional in November 2020. It was delivered damaged so it was reordered. Delivered in April 2021 and within the first month of using, the corner cushion -where I sit, was sagging badly. I should have contacted Pottery Barn but frankly, it had been such a hassle to getting replacement and we were still in the middle of COVID, that I did not call them. I purchased 2” foam to add to the cushion but it really is not a satisfactory solution. A sofa of this price range should hold up better than this! 🙁

• Brianne Margolin
    last year

I've had the Cameron Slipcovered square arm sofas (86" with sleeper and 60"). They have held up well and are still comfortable after 6 years (purchased 2016). We have two boys and their neighborhood friends hang out on them. I'm sure a soccer ball has been kicked into them hundreds of times. I chose the Performance Tweed on Slate. I love it. It's gray with a hint of blue and is easy to coordinate with. Very few signs of wear and nothing stains it. My cat peed on it the first week and the cushion batting didn't absorb it and the covers washed beautifully. I've put all of it in the washer numerous times. I even put it in the dryer on low heat and it looks great and doesn't shrink. No issues getting it back on. I do not fluff the pillows or move around cushions like you are supposed to do. The only signs of wear are the saggy back cushions. Expected after 6 years. Might be able to buy filler for them? We purchased them because they were more petite in size, which we needed in our last house. I do want a deeper sofa now but can't find anything that makes me ready to purchase. Although they are shallow seats (20"), my feet touch the ground and it works well if you are seated and taking to someone. My-in-laws and short mom like the upright feel. Not great to cozy up with my kids and watch a movie. I tend to lay on the long one and my husband sits on the short one and likes the height of the arm. It's just wide enough for a remote or phone. I'm considering the C&B Gather and Ethan Allen Spencer (I'm limited in dimensions). C&B has weird fabrics and I'm not sure if the Spencer will be cozy.

• Brianne Margolin
    last year

6 years old. Zero fluffing.

• Brianne Margolin
    last year

Refilled back cushions with about $10 worth of polyester fill for 5 cushions.

• veronicabro
    last year

I purchased the Cameron Sofa and Love seat in basket weave fabric( if i recall correctly) to replace my 2 PB Basic slipcovered sofas I loved and had for at least 10 years. I assumed the same fabric would hold up the same as the previous PB Basic for washing etc. They did not, the slipcovers shrunk terribly the first wash (cold water very low heat) The pillows and seat cushions not the same construction as the PB Basic I had and the couches ARE NOT comfortable and the fabric looks dirty and dingy all the time in my opinion, SO SO Disappointed in them, I gave them almost 2 years to try and break them in and they are terrible.