SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wai1016

HELP arranging my bedroom! Should I put my bed in front of the window?

W C
6 years ago

Hello! So our bed is currently on the only big wall without a window. I thought it was the obvious choice, but it has since proven to be a little cumbersome and disrupts the flow of the room. My husband hates how he has too avoid the door to get to his nightstand and his side of the bed. I dislike how when you open the door you don't see the bed. It's not very welcoming. So, we were thinking of moving our bed to a wall with a window.

I've attached pictures from the original listing of the house (ignore the pink walls! I've since painted them greige), which puts the bed in the same location we have it, and some floors plans I drew up. The bed from the original listing was a full size and I'm trying to get a king in there.

Floorplan: The top is the current layout. Purple is bed, blue is nightstand. I'm leaning towards option A, but it puts our bed in front of the window, which I hear is a big no-no. But, I do like how option A gives this nice big open area at the foot of the bed where I can put a small bench and sitting area.

Thoughts?? Has anyone successfully put a bed in front of the window? Will I block too much light??

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!

Comments (27)