SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ark23

Playroom layout?

ark23
6 years ago
I have a 3 yr girl and a 1 year old boy and I am trying to figure out the best layout for our playroom. I would like to have
1. kitchen area with a market next to it.
2. cafe with table that can double as an art area.
3. places on the walls for a chalkboard, magnetic board and space to color. I have the Ikea easel that can be used if I don't have space for this.
4. space for a tent or teepee
5. TV or drop down projection screen will go on the back wall eventually, so I want to keep that in mind, but not design the room around it.
6. space for a train table/track and table for Legos.
7. I have someone who is going to do a mural so I need to plan ahead for that.
8. Bin storage or similar for toys/games. I have a few Ikea ones that are on the floor now because we just moved in and don't have anything anchored yet. (my 1 year old is a climber).
9. guest space (doesn't have to be in playroom). We have one dedicated guest room but frequently have families or multiple people visiting and have plenty of rooms to use. I have an ikea daybed that pulls out to a king that we love for a second guest space, but it is large and I am not sure where to put it. The loft area is a good fit, but not private for guests. Either of the kids bedrooms or office would be a tight fit. It would fit in the playroom, but would take up a lot of space for something we wouldn't be using daily.

Thoughts?

Comments (6)