SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Help a guy.. which of these two cordless vacs I should keep

andrelaplume2
6 years ago

I'm a guy. I redid my basement. I am now responsible for vacuuming the steps which are carpeted. My wife is right...What pita. I decided to get a little cordless hand-held vac. We do have a dog ..he is shedless but you still would be surprised as to how much dirt and junk we track in that ends up on the steps every day! Well you ladies might not be surprised at all!

I bought a Bissell handheld pet vac ...Black and Yellow for $39 from walmart.com it seem to have great ratings. I tried it it seems to work well. There's is no cradle or mounting for the wall to hold it. The battery is nimh. The motorized brush has bristles and it works well but I can see I'm going to have to clean out those bristles quite often.

I also just picked up a Black & Decker cordless lithium-ion pet vac at Sam's Club on sale for $29. It is lighter and has a floor cradle so you simply set the back into the Cradle on the floor and you're done your done where as the Bissell you have to constantly plug and unplug it to charge. It also has a motorized brush but it has bristles and flaps that spin made of rubber I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It seems to work well too..

The black and deckers motorized brush seems to spin faster and feels like it has more force when held against my hand than the bissell's. Pressure against my hand can actually stop the bissell's with far less force that I need to stop the black and deckers. We will likely keep the motorized brushes on at all times. However I do notice when I take the motorized brush off the Bissell seems to have a lot more suction the the Black & Decker. You can feel it sucking on my hand much much harder than the Black & Decker does

So what do you think. Is the suction more important or is the way the motorized brush works, how fast it spinds and what it's made out of, more important. I can't tell. I've tried them both they both pick up stuff ...for the long haul...what do you guys think?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022