SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerry_roush

Exterior needs dimension! Portico off of porch?

Kerry Roush
6 years ago

We just bought this house a few months ago and are working on our landscaping master plan, along with sprucing up the overall exterior (posts, front door, etc. etc.).

I'd really like to add dimension to the roof (even just a bit!). My initial thought is adding some sort of gabled portico (or since we already have a covered porch, is it even called a portico?) I really don't care if the ceiling inside the porch changes (doesn't have to vault). I'm primarily focused on adding dimension to the top.

Is it possible to add a portico off of the existing roof without needing modifications to the existing roof that cost a fortune? Since we have a covered porch already, it certainly doesn't need to stick out far; hardly at all.

Here's our house... (this is the listing picture....definitely NOT our furniture ;) ) We'll be updating the posts, new front door, different landscaping and a walkway down the center of the grass to the door.

These are my initial "inspiration" photos that I've found on Pinterest:

(my favorite, but without the second story, obviously)

I do have local contractors that I can call, but I'd love to have a semi-educated conversation with them when they come out....

Does anyone know of a virtual tool where I can modify my exterior on screen to give an idea what it would look like?

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH