The Girther conspiracy

heri_cles

Something seemed wrong with that press conference supposedly confirming tRump's height and weight. I thought this Dr Ronny was about to declare this guy in the best physical shape of any man alive. Halle Jackson, one of my favorite reporters, asked tRonny about his waist size, but to no avail.

Others are now comparing humpty tRumpy's claimed height/weight to various professional athletes, and well. it looks like tRumps weight was fudged.

Same height, same weight? Really?

And one pound more or one inch shorter than claimed and tRump is "obese".

Come on, I want to see this guy step on a scale.

https://sports.yahoo.com/girther-conspiracy-theorists-compared-president-trump-athletes-similar-size-005945518.html

SaveComment46Like1
Comments (46)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

There’s no freakin way, The whole thing is so ridiculous. The only reason it’s newsworthy is because he’s lying about it. Yes he’s overweight and most likely technically obese, but to my eyes he’s just a big guy who could stand to loose a few. Not like he’s so huge that it’s the first thing you notice about him. Big deal, why lie about it? Why lie about everything?

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes, why lie about everything?

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

That press conference was the best example of putting lipstick on a pig, ever.

5 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Height and weight lies aside ... this driver's license photo is "supposedly" only 6 years old. I'd guess more like 26.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Did they weigh him or just ask him how much he weighs?

1 Like Save    
MikeUSMC

He could lead so many people to be healthier

He already is. He's getting more women to get out and march in one day than Michelle Obama did in 8 years, lol

5 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Think there was a little fibbing going on?

Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump is 6' 3" and 239lbs
= BMI 29.9 ...so he is not obese

This is what 6'1" looks like (Pres. Obama).
Did Twitolini grow >2" at age 70?

This is what BMIs 25-40 look like:

This is not BMI 29.9:

7 Likes Save    
Margo

Think of what good he could do if he admitted it and went on a diet. He could lead so many people to be healthier.

Maybe he can be a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and make another fortune like Oprah leading people to diet only to fail herself and keep it off. I guess if I was paid that much money I would lose 40 pounds for what she was paid. I think I read 70 million. Yeah, a real hero.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Muscle is denser than fat, muscular athletes are not a good comparison for volume.

2 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

According to his driver's license he is 6'2". I guess he grew an inch.

1 Like Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

What Lena said. The same weight and height combo can look totally different based on fitness. That's a fact.

I would be 99% certain the Dr took his height and weight and they are accurate. DL stats are self-reported, it may simply have been a mistake or rounding.

1 Like Save    
Margo

And if and when Trump loses weight the left will start to spread rumors of some medical condition that is causing this decline in health. The left will say he is unfit no matter if he is fit. Haters gonna hate..... period.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

DL stats are self-reported, it may simply have been a mistake or rounding.

And the photo?

Save    
socks(10a)

We need someone with past fair experience guessing peoples weight. I’d say more than 239.

Margo, most Americans already know he is not well . Mentally for sure. There is something “fishy” about that health report. To say an obese person is in excellent health is suspect.

Why would we believe this medical report? American public has been lied to by him and his supporters from the campaign days. There is no integrity in this administration.

4 Likes Save    
Margo

Margo, most Americans already know he is not well . Mentally for sure.

WRONG and next election will reveal that answer.

Save    
ohiomom

I really do not care bout' girth/height etal ... which is why I said 'Covfefe'

Another distraction .... instead look at the latest visitor to the whitehouse.

Save    
Margo

Another distraction .... instead look at the latest visitor to the whitehouse.

white house, is whitehouse a distraction ohiomom?

Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

I don't know anything about the DL, just saying i would not consider the fact that a DL has a diff number to invalidate a Dr.s report.

I don't think there is anything at all remarkable today about an affluent non-smoking 72yr being "in good health", if by that you mean normal BP and normal blood work, even if overweight.

I do take umbrage with nonsense like mentioning his golf as exercise. Golfing with a cart is not exercise. If you think it is, try telling your Dr. that is your plan when he tells you you need to exercise.

There are plenty of legitimate gripes and controversies. He is gross in all ways subjective and objective, I don't care about this stuff.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

Jerzeegirl, you can be pretty sure he lied on his license as well.

Considering Dr. Jackson has done this before, he seemed a little uneasy or nervous during his delivery. He might not have outright lied but you can bet he stretched the truth. His office is apparently close enough that he sees Dementia Don on a regular basis, and he probably knows first hand just how nasty DD gets with those that he isn't pleased with.

Save    
foodonastump

The same weight and height combo can look totally different based on fitness.

Absolutely. So let’s compare him to another fat person rather than athletes. This person is just under 5’11”, unathletic, and weighs in at 238. Now, who believes that trump is four inches taller and one pound heavier?

9 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

We shrink as we age.

Research from the Baltimore Longi­tudinal Study of Aging, for example, found that women lost an average of 2 inches between the ages of 30 and 70 (and just over 3 inches by age 80). Men lost a little more than 1 inch by age 70 (and 2 inches by 80).

People lose height because the discs between the vertebrae in the spine dehydrate and compress. The aging spine can also become more curved, and vertebrae can collapse (compression fracture) due to loss of bone density (osteoporosis). Loss of muscle in the torso can also contribute to stooped posture. Even the gradual flattening of the arches of the feet can make you slightly shorter.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

The doc can only release info which trump approves. If the doc found that trump has a lethal disease and gave him 12 months to live he is not to release that info unless trump approves. trump is the CIC and is his boss, plus doctor/patient data confidentiality isn't just for me and you. No different from other prez medical info releases.

7 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

I am pretty sure some of the "fat photos" of T have been debunked as falsified, btw.

Hey, Food, you carry that pretty well if that is you. I'd never guess.

Save    
petalique

Other than having a very fatty head....

1 Like Save    
ojo_sigo

BMI is not a very accurate indicator of health or levels of fat; there are better ways.

If the waist measurement exceeds the chest (men) measurement, this would tell me that a person is fat - sorry obese. But this is also inaccurate.

Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

True, ojo.

Waist circumference (WC) is an indicator of health risk associated with excess fat around the waist. A waist circumference of 102 centimetres (40 inches) or more in men, or 88 centimetres (35 inches) or more in women, is associated with health problems such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

I don't care about this stuff.

I do because this appears to be about another lie, and may be about manipulating people, including those otherwise truthful and credible, to tell little lies on your behalf.

Now most people don't care if someone believes that Norway is a majority black country, but yesterday tRump's Homeland Security Secretary (Kirstjen Nielsen) states under oath in an open Senate hearing that she doesn’t know if Norway is predominantly white.

At some point this becomes a pattern, an unacceptable pattern of pressuring people to lie, to pay for their silence ( Stormy Daniels) , all designed to mislead others.

That's not OK with me.

11 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Did this Dr. Ronny personally weight this tub of lard?

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

I have to admit that I also enjoyed the question posed to Dr. Ronny as to whether or not he checked if tRump had bone spurs..

You have to maintain a sense of humor about this, including the "girther" meme.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Another of Trump's dog-and-pony shows.

With his record of lying to serve his own purposes, I am ignoring the entire spectacle, and record another example of truthiness.

I do wonder how much time and energy was spent on preparing the event.

Now, about Bannon's call to testify before a grand jury . . .

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

I never expected to get the truth on his health. It still disappoints me that so much effort has gone into hiding the truth - more lies. The doctor's statement is that he is in excellent health. excellent =/= good. Since his lie about his taxes is much less revealing than his health - he must be extra sensitive about health - well, his hair style etc use already screams this. It's a whatever except for the additional layer of lies. Which statements of his are true?

mtnrdredux_gw: I don't think there is anything at all remarkable today about an affluent non-smoking 72yr being "in good health", if by that you mean normal BP and normal blood work, even if overweight.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I never expected to get the truth on his health.

I'm with you one that one.

Save    
lionheart_gw (USDA Zone 5A, Eastern NY)

NYS DL isn't a great source of info. I just renewed mine by mail. I'll get a renewed one with a photo taken 18 years ago.

No one at Motor Vehicles measures your height or weight. Whatever you put on the original form stays, unless you change it. There's no option to change it on the mail-in renewal form, so apparently they don't care so much.

I'm a good 20 lbs heavier than my license from 18 years ago, but it will still have my old weight on it.

When I get my new license I will look younger and weigh less. I'm ok with that.

3 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

Can you imagine if the DMV measured your height and weight? We thought we hated going there now ...

2 Likes Save    
Margo

All I can say is that the DNC= Dismantling National Civility, will have some work cut out for them vetting a "fit" candidate. After all this fuss about Trump, it will be a YUGE talking point... and we will not let you down;)

Save    
lily316

True. My 6'1'' grandson is listed at 5'8" on his license which was his height at 16. I think he was trying to change it when he renewed as he soon turns 20.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

All I can say is that the DNC= Dismantling National Civility, will have some work cut out for them vetting a "fit" candidate. After all this fuss about Trump, it will be a YUGE talking point... and we will not let you down;)

Where do you think the dems learned this? Why from our buds, the GOP. The way they went after Hillary for her brain tumor and her dementia. Let's see what a quick google finds: she has vascular dementia and one year to live; person who leaked hillary's medical records is found dead; she suffers from seizures and blackouts, abnormal eye movements...and this is despite having released her medical records.

3 Likes Save    
chijim

Jeb Bush is 6'3"....you decide

1 Like Save    
cattyles

FOAS, that is not a fat person in the photo you posted. That happens to be a dad bod. Obviously, the person in the photo has the integrity and confidence to be honest and rock whatcha got.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Awww thanks cattyles, and mtnrd too. “Dad bod” is a euphemism I’ve sadly outgrown (horizontally) but yeah. I buy my kids snacks for the week... every day. Working from home is bad. :(

2 Likes Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Well, his poofed up hair adds a couple inches.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

I was trying not to assume, but I thought you had mentioned a Muellar Time tee.

Save    
dandyfopp

Quit hating. His hair and his figure are the envy of men all over the world.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

Rhoder, the higher the hair, the closer to God. ;-)

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Update:

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

She is also as cognizant ....and as emotionally stable too.

1 Like Save