Romney will beat tRump for 2020 GOP nomination

heri_cles

Assuming tRump is not removed from office, he (at 74 years old and still refusing to disclose his income tax returns) would have zero chance of beating out any number of Republicans for the nomination. The primary contender may well be Romney. but it might also be Rubio, Ben Sasse etc.

That would be the best case scenario in 2020 for the GOP...no tRump on the ticket.

SaveComment17Like
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

Not to rain on your parade, but he already beat them all once. He didn't beat them on policy but rather on lies, name calling and insults, all of which appealed to his found base. He has more lies in his arsenal now.

1 Like Save    
j4c11

Romney is a loser. Nice guy, but a loser.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

You go ahead and enjoy your fantasy heri, you have 3 more years to daydream;)

1 Like Save    
Ann

Yeah, I think it's a fantasy too. I think Trump with be the Republican candidate.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Ann , I have saved your post.

That is day dreaming....almost 70% of Americans disapprove of him. The midterms will tell the tale. If the Republicans get a smack down Trump is toast.

Aside from that we have his own lack of desire in keeping up with this job .....apparently it interferes with his golf and his TV time.

Then again there could be that pesky Mueller

2 Likes Save    
j4c11

Where do you get your "almost 70%" number from chase?

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Same place you guys get your numbers about the surge in Black male support for Trump ...... !

1 Like Save    
Ann

That is day dreaming....almost 70% of Americans disapprove of him. The midterms will tell the tale. If the Republicans get a smack down Trump is toast.

Oh, I see. Gosh, I've found predictions to be interesting too and have several, including some of yours. Here is one (of yours Chase). In case you'd like to see some more of yours to refresh your memory, just ask as I'd be happy to help.

Trump cannot, and will not , be the next President of the United States. It won't happen . There are forces much more powerful than the Donald......no matter what he thinks.
The GOP establishment will never let him be the nominee. The anti Trump campaign will get into full swing when they need to and they will criucify him, he will react, it won't be pretty and he will crash and burn.
As we speak they are working on the strategy but biding their time because if Trump runs as an Independent the GOP lose and if he runs as the nominee the GOP lose.
Trump would be a gift to Hillary........some way tougher candidates in the GOP lineup .....too bad the " smart ones " favouring Trump right now don't realize they are in fact setting up for another Dem in the WH.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

That was before Russia backed Trump.....logical conclusion was over ridden by nefarious ads and cyber war.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Here is another prediction of yours, Chase.

Trump will implode sooner or later ....he will NEVER see the inside of the Oval office...NEVER
Feel free to bookmark this post

2 Likes Save    
Margo

Here is another prediction of yours, Chase.

Trump will implode sooner or later ....he will NEVER see the inside of the Oval office...NEVER

Ouch!! Never say never hey chase.

Save    
chase_gw

Guess I was wrong ........spank me !

Edited

Save    
Margo

chase_gw

Guess I was wrong ........spank me !

Well, we all make mistakes. Take me, I made the mistake of applying too much humor on HT. I laughed and posted memes. Now, no laughing, no memes, just serious. Good thing I am flexible.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

A Sen Romney stand up to trump? Romney will choke with just one earmark.

1 Like Save    
cait1

I don't think so. From what I keep reading Rmoney is eyeing Hatch's Utah Senate seat. I really don't like how these politicos move around just to get elected.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Hatch is in line for the Presidency if Pence, and Ryan are complicit in the RNC stealing cyber scheme. Romney may well end up as POTUS after all.

Save    
MikeUSMC

I'll take just about anybody over Fauxcahontas.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Interior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018
Get the lowdown on the colors, materials and other design decisions gaining steam now
Full Story