SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prob64

Need help with drapes and area rugs in open concept bungalow

prob64
6 years ago

Hi... we have just moved into a new house and am looking for help with drapes and area rugs. It is an open concept bungalow, 9 foot ceilings and am trying to tie things together. I have had blinds installed on the 3 windows, which takes care of the hot sun in the late afternoon. The blinds in the living room and dining room are installed inside the frame, and on the patio door on the outside of the frame. Now, I would like to soften the look a bit with some side drapes (they would be stationary). I have 3 questions about the drapes...

1 Should I cover all 3 windows.. living room, dining room and patio door?

2 If I cover only the living and dining room, I could do 96" lengths as they would sit over the top frame. If I cover the patio door, the blind header is mounted on top of the frame, so I would have to do a longer drapery. Should I do 108 " on all of them and hang them closer to the ceiling?

3 Regarding the width of the drapes, I appreciate that they should be 1 1/2 times the width of the window. I would only need 1 width on each side of the dining room (the window is 46" and the panels are 54"). If I double the width on the living room and patio door, should the panels be sewn together or can I hang the side by side (I am getting the grommet top)?

Any and all suggestions are very welcome!

Also, looking at suggestions for area rugs. I need one in the living room, maybe dining room and a runner for the kitchen and the hallway. I would obviously would like them to tie in together somehow.

Thanks so much, in advance!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH