SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Remodel Starting This Week - shower floor dilemma

numbersjunkie
6 years ago

I think/hope this is the last major decision I need to make on this remodel - what to do on the shower floor for drain and tile. Please help.

I have selected a large format almost solid wall/floor tile that does not come in a 2 x 2 mosaic format. I previously found a mosaic with multiple colors that blends with the gray wall tile. I later found a marble tile tile at HD that I really want to use as an accent wall behind my freestanding tub. I would also like to use the marble on the back of my shower niches, but I think that would be too much going on with the floor mosaic I selected. I haven't been able to find a porcelain mosaic marble look alike that would tie in better with the marble.

I could go with a linear drain - more $$$ for the install as well as the drain itself, and use the large format tiles I am using elsewhere. But to be honest, the grout I plan to use is light gray and I worry that any discoloration that would surely occur on the shower floor would be very noticeable.

Here are my tile selections:

Large Format - Emotions in Urban Gray:

Original Mosaic for shower floor - Florim Galaxy Silver:
Marble for Accent Wall and Shower Niches:
The colors that show here are not really accurate, and the Florim mosaic is not as washed out and subtle as shown.

Any suggestions?

Comments (6)