SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccubed123

SW Balanced Beige + Repose Gray works?

ccubed123
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Do Balanced Beige & Repose Gray coordinate ok with each other?

In later state of transitioning paint/trim decor in my home - down to picking a kitchen paint color. Kitchen is open to family room, with small side walls. All trim, doors etc. is BM White Dove. Kitchen & family room have alot of natural light with big bay windows facing west on a golf course fairway. Family room is tall with the full wall you look at from kitchen (& perpendicular to bay window) a fireplace with built ins--built ins are White Dove, brick painted a whitewash-- so lots of white in this room. Floors are oak stained Minwax Special Walnut. Went with Balanced Beige paint in this room, which I do like but alot of choice driven by light brown/taupey sectional sofa that is pretty new & not being changed. (a little unsure if it's ideal and/or dark TBH ) If I was to start fresh, I'd have furniture that would work better with more gray paint (warmer gray) ---

To illustrate my current color loves: I put BM London Fog in my 2 story foyer (that goes into kitchen) & really love it .. also painted stairs black with white risers & iron balusters: really love it . Have new powder room vanity in dark brown stain with gray undertones (thatch) ..& SW SIlver Strand paint -love it all.

Now I have to pick paint in kitchen ... which currently has honey oak cabinets (don't love - high quality cabinets, great shape & plan to update sometime but can't for a while. ) Counter is a brow/grayish solid surace (it's eh) Kitchen table is a charcoal type gray color top & seats with black seat backs & legs Iove it) Trying to marry best I can a color that coordinates ok with other colors I've been transitioning to, works ok with the kitchen cabinets & coordinates with the Balanced Beige. I think Repose Gray works well for kitchen... (pretty similar to that London Fog, but will look different with all that oak& counters) .. Opinions on having the Repose Gray & Balanced Beige in these 2 rooms? Already have sample done, but can be so different once all wallls finally done.

Thought about Mindful Gray too, but may be a little too darker (though I do love it in genral as a paint color--Dorian Gray too) Considering SW Lattice & SW Stonington Gray too. And Agreeable Gray has been in the mix

So thoughts/input on that Repose coordinating with the BB?

Here's some pics. FR still in transition ... will be painting the brick (likely bottom left colorwash of London Fog; TV will be going on upper portion so moof that brick will be hidden. Still have to put shelves back in bult ins; strongly considering a grasscloth wallpaper on back of the built ins)

Do Balanced Beige & Repose Gray coordinate ok with each other?

In later state of transitioning paint/trim decor in my home - down to picking a kitchen paint color. Kitchen is open to family room, with small side walls. All trim, doors etc. is BM White Dove. Kitchen & family room have alot of natural light with big bay windows facing west on a golf course fairway. Family room is tall with the full wall you look at from kitchen (& perpendicular to bay window) a fireplace with built ins--built ins are White Dove, brick painted a whitewash-- so lots of white in this room. Floors are oak stained Minwax Special Walnut. Went with Balanced Beige paint in this room, which I do like but alot of choice driven by light brown/taupey sectional sofa that is pretty new & not being changed. If I was to start fresh, I'd have furniture that would work better with more gray paint (warmer gray) ---

To illustrate my current color loves: I put BM London Fog in my 2 story foyer (that goes into kitchen) & really love it .. also painted stairs black with white risers & iron balusters: really love it . Have new powder room vanity in dark brown stain with gray undertones (thatch) ..& SW SIlver Strand paint -love it all.

Now I have to pick paint in kitchen ... which currently has honey oak cabinets (don't love - high quality cabinets, great shape & plan to update sometime but can't for a while. ) Counter is a brow/grayish solid surace (it's eh) Kitchen table is a charcoal type gray color top & seats with black seat backs & legs Iove it) Trying to marry best I can a color that coordinates ok with other colors I've been transitioning to, works ok with the kitchen cabinets & coordinates with the Balanced Beige. I think Repose Gray works well for kitchen... (pretty similar to that London Fog, but will look different with all that oak& counters) .. Opinions on having the Repose Gray & Balanced Beige in these 2 rooms? Already have sample done, but can be so different once all wallls finally done.

Thought about Mindful Gray too, but may be a little too darker (though I do love it in genral as a paint color--Dorian Gray too) Considering SW Lattice & SW Stonington Gray too.

So thoughts/input on that Repose coordinating with the BB?

(note: all lighting to be swapped out in these rooms-not married to FR tables either)

(BB walls, brick whitewash Top: White Dove, bottom L: BB, Bottom R: London Fog)

(samples top to bottom: Lattice, Repose, Mindful, Stonington)

(samples top L to R: Stonington, Mindful - Middle: Repose Bottom: Lattice)

(Foyer: BM London Fog..love how foyer turned out)

Comments (2)