SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_crutchfield65

Need landscape ideas for tiny house with side yard

Katie Mary
6 years ago
hello! I am new to forums in general but was hoping for any and all suggestions to my only yard: a side yard. I have a tiny home (528sqft) with a large detached garage. Neighbors said original owners (1940s home) had a wire fence surrounding the property with lilac bushes in front of it. I no longer have a fence as a flipper (owner before me) thought the fence was useless (he didn't have dogs) and tore it down-which neighbors were confused about because once he did that he broke the grandfathered-in fence. Sorry for the run on sentence there. I went to the village to see if there was a possibility for a fence since its my only yard area and they would allow it but it would have to be not wire (aesthetically pleasing) and farther into the property away from the road which I don't want to give up all that space but I'd be open to suggestions for plants that may act as a barrier- I have an elderly neighbor who literally walks into people's yards for his dog to go to the bathroom. this is my first home (22 years old) and I just want suggestions to make it look pretty but also a little more private for me! Thank you for any and all suggestions! (also dumpster in yard was from getting new roof) lol

Comments (18)