SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
futura431

Average cost of remodel

futura431
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are evaluating three different options for a kitchen remodel:

1) keep our exact footprint and just replace cabinets, appliances, and counters with minor modifications such as including a trash/recycle cabinet and changing out the blind corner cabinet etc. Footprint stays the same. Nothing moves.

2) slightly modify existing kitchen layout and also replace cabinets, appliances, and counters (including but not limited to getting rid of a load-bearing wall and installing an island)

3) completely moving the kitchen to where our living room is now. It's a much bigger space with many windows that overlook our pool. It would require moving existing plumbing and electric close to 10 feet.

Our budget is about 30-35K. I obviously prefer option 3 but I feel like moving the kitchen would be FAR too expensive. What's the average price for a remodel these days? Any idea what the price difference would be between all three options. I priced cabinets from a RTB site and Ikea and the difference was about $3500 between the two. We'd most likely be looking at Ikea cabinets no matter which option we choose. Thanks! Edited to add: we are located in Southern CA and are on slab. No basement. No crawl space.

Comments (46)