hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 1 - 9 - 18 - 2

User
6 years ago

Fernando Lamas Quotes
Argentinian - Actor January 9, 1916 - October 8, 1982

You look marvelous!
Fernando Lamas

It is better to look good than to feel good.
Fernando Lamas

Lee Van Cleef Quotes
American - Actor January 9, 1925 - December 16, 1989

Bad guys have always been my bag... I look mean without even trying.
Lee Van Cleef

Being born with a pair of beady eyes was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Lee Van Cleef

Audiences just naturally hate me on screen. I could play a role in a tuxedo, and people would think I was rotten. You can do much more with a villain part.
Lee Van Cleef

Movies are full of leading men, most of whom aren't working. It's much harder to find a good villain.
Lee Van Cleef

Bob Denver Quotes
American - Actor January 9, 1935 - September 2, 2005

You know, I have no worst experiences.
Bob Denver

Gilligan's Island is wherever you want it to be in your mind.
Bob Denver

Joseph Epstein Quotes
American - Writer Born: January 9, 1937

Not to like ice cream is to show oneself uninterested in food.
Joseph Epstein

Of the seven deadly sins, only envy is no fun at all.
Joseph Epstein

I myself think anti-Semitism is about envy.
Joseph Epstein

Culture means, I think, that you have widened your experience enough through reading and through being a little bit thoughtful about these things that it has changed your outlook in some ways. And not necessarily made you a better human being but made you see things.
Joseph Epstein

No one has really ever defined what a friend is.
Joseph Epstein

The decisive moment in the defeat of upper class, capital-S, Society may have come when, in newspapers all over the nation, what used to be call the Society page was replaced by the Style section.
Joseph Epstein

I think the story is my form.
Joseph Epstein

I just know so many people who have six or seven foreign languages and have read everything and have musical training and they are still dorks.
Joseph Epstein

I am the heterosexual Truman Capote.
Joseph Epstein

One of the pleasures of being a Jew, I don't have to tell you, it allows you anti-Semitism.
Joseph Epstein

My wife who is non-Jewish regrets it all the time that I can say these terrible things about fellow Jews and she can't.
Joseph Epstein

I know how deeply slothful I am.
Joseph Epstein

I know how many days in which I have just answered e-mail, had three phone calls and a two hour lunch. Poof, gone. They are not infrequent.
Joseph Epstein

I know from the middle distance I give off the look of being prolific, which is a funny compliment to receive.
Joseph Epstein

I am basically a complainer and all the grounds for complaint have been swept out from under me.
Joseph Epstein

I am married to someone I love.
Joseph Epstein

We know the ideal isn't where the action is.
Joseph Epstein

Where By the way, the secret of speaking French is confidence. Whether you are right or wrong, you don't hesitate.
Joseph Epstein

In recompense, envy may be the subtlest - perhaps I should say the most insidious - of the seven deadly sins.
Joseph Epstein

Envy is never general, but always very particular - at least envy of the kind one feels strongly.
Joseph Epstein

I should prefer to die laughing, and, on more than one occasion, thought I might.
Joseph Epstein

The pleasure of jogging and running is rather like that of wearing a fur coat in Texas in August: the true joy comes in being able to take the damn thing off.
Joseph Epstein

One serious drawback about letters is that, in order to get them, one must send some out. When it comes to the mail, I feel it is better to receive than to give.
Joseph Epstein

Stuart Woods Quotes
American - Novelist Born: January 9, 1938

I've never really had any trouble coming up with ideas; they just grow, like weeds. The weeding is the hard part.
Stuart Woods

It seems to me that most people are interested in reading about characters who are richer than they are.
Stuart Woods

I'm as much my own master as anyone can be, without being the master of others. I can write anywhere - all I need is a couple of hours of solitude and a computer, and I can write a chapter. Since my work is portable, I can live anywhere I like.
Stuart Woods

A first novel should be brash and ambitious, and announce the arrival of a new talent.
Stuart Woods

Joan Baez Quotes
American - Musician Born: January 9, 1941

I've never had a humble opinion. If you've got an opinion, why be humble about it?
Joan Baez

Action is the antidote to despair.
Joan Baez

The hardest song to write is a protest song, a topical song with meaning.
Joan Baez

I have hope in people, in individuals. Because you don't know what's going to rise from the ruins.
Joan Baez

The longer you practice nonviolence and the meditative qualities of it that you will need, the more likely you are to do something intelligent in any situation.
Joan Baez

Someone had to change the world. And obviously I was the one for the job.
Joan Baez

I think music has the power to transform people, and in doing so, it has the power to transform situations - some large and some small.
Joan Baez

People say I'm such a pessimist, but I always was. It never stopped me from doing what I had to do. I would say I'm a realist.
Joan Baez

That's all nonviolence is - organized love.
Joan Baez

The only thing that's been a worse flop than the organization of non-violence has been the organization of violence.
Joan Baez

Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers.
Joan Baez

Nonviolence is a flop. The only bigger flop is violence.
Joan Baez

The easiest kind of relationship for me is with ten thousand people. The hardest is with one.
Joan Baez

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
Joan Baez

You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.
Joan Baez

As we know, forgiveness of oneself is the hardest of all the forgivenesses.
Joan Baez

We were raised with that discussion about violence and non-violence, and we all pretty much came up on the side of non-violence. That became my foundation with politics and my livelihood.
Joan Baez

I see a young man playing 'Plaisir d'Amour' on guitar. I knew I didn't want to go to college; I was already playing a ukulele, and after I saw that, I was hooked. All I wanted to do was play guitar and sing.
Joan Baez

My father was a physicist and also an activist. My first public protest was with my dad at Stanford. I came by all that honestly.
Joan Baez

Instead of getting hard ourselves and trying to compete, women should try and give their best qualities to men - bring them softness, teach them how to cry.
Joan Baez

It seems to me that those songs that have been any good, I have nothing much to do with the writing of them. The words have just crawled down my sleeve and come out on the page.
Joan Baez

You may not know it, but at the far end of despair, there is a white clearing where one is almost happy.
Joan Baez

If people have to put labels on me, I'd prefer the first label to be human being, the second label to be pacifist, and the third to be folk singer.
Joan Baez

The foundation of my beliefs is the same as it was when I was 10. Non-violence.
Joan Baez

Mostly what I listen to when I turn on my little iPod is opera.
Joan Baez

During the 'ballad' years for me, the politics was latent; I was just falling in love with the ballads and my boyfriend. And there was the beauty of the songs.
Joan Baez

I've never been an optimist.
Joan Baez

I spend a lot of time with Buddhists. I'm not a Buddhist, but their relationship with death interests me.
Joan Baez

I didn't go through the routine of singing in small clubs and doing open mics and working so hard the way a lot of people do and did. It was just an overnight kind of thing.
Joan Baez

I'm lucky to have met so many people who have been involved in peace and who have been peace prize winners.
Joan Baez

My dread is for my show to be a nostalgia act. So the key to it is how do we keep it fresh?
Joan Baez

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions